12. Ladies' conversation

Lok was so exhausted that he fell asleep, his head nestled in the Casterwill girl's bedding. Surprisingly, throughout this time, he kept holding his girlfriend's hand.

Other team members didn't look much better. Dante was reading some book brought by one of nurses. Cathy and Malia were chatting about trivial matters. The latter sometimes left the room to check on what was happening in the other wards. Cherit, on the other hand, flew around the room or sat on the windowsill, observing what was happening outside.

Sophie woke up after a few hours. She tried to open her eyes, but the light shining directly on her face was too harsh. She blinked a few times to adjust her eyes to the sun. Casterwill spotted her friends.

"Welcome back, sleeping Casterwill beauty." Malia greeted her, leaning against the wall opposite her.

"Have I been sleeping for long?" she asked weakly.

Small titan sat on the edge of the bed.

"It's better not to think about that." Cherit spoke up, then grinned.

Titan's voice woke Lok. When he saw that his girlfriend was awake, he immediately woke up and threw himself into her arms.

"You scared me to death!" Lambert exclaimed.

"H..hey. But I'm not dead, Lok" she hugged him.

"But you could've been" the medic replied with crossed arms.

Sophie noticed the gold ring on Malia's finger.

"A Legendary Titan? How did I not notice this before?" she wondered to herself.

Dante got up from the chair by the wall and approached his friend.

"How are you feeling?" Vale asked.

"I think I'm okay. At least nothing hurts me now" Casterwill replied.

"And it's better if nothing starts hurting, dear" Malia interjected.

Girl explained to Sophie that she had used more than twice her entire reserve of seeker energy to rid her body of the poison. Even after all that, she stayed here and watched over her with Lamberts and Dante. If there were any complications again, it would be very unpleasant.

At that moment, the well-rested and energized Fears brothers entered the room. They approached the team.

"Good to see you again, Sophie." Den spoke up.

A few days later
Dante's House, Venice, Italy

Team spent one of August afternoons doing household chores. It was also the time when Cathy could afford to repaint the walls in the room she now inhabited. She promised Dante that the next time he visited, he wouldn't see a trace of the old room decor.

"What color would be good?" she wondered quietly.

"Maybe green?" Cherit chimed in from behind her and perched on her shoulder.

"Do you think so? I was thinking about it too, but it's such a hard decision to make. Almost like picking the right shade of lipstick!"

"You can always try." titan smiled.

"Decision made. If green looks hideous, then next time you're painting, and I'm picking the color!" she said cheerfully.

Cathy grabbed her bag from the chair, went downstairs, and was about to leave the house, but Lok stopped her. Cathy replied that she'd be back soon.

Boy just nodded and told her to be careful. It was strange that the young Lambert didn't ask where exactly his sister was going. Maybe he wasn't that interested, or he thought she was heading to Clease.