5. An (un)expected visit

Dante's House, Venice, Italy

In the training room Lok and Den were dueling. They began with cautious strikes. The pace of the fight accelerated and they started exchanging increasingly powerful blows. Lok moved forward, delivering a quick kick that Den successfully blocked. Fears attempted to hit his friend.

Lok evaded it and he tried to knock down Den. However, Den didn't yield easily and defended himself effectively, forcing Lambert to retreat. Boys started exchanging blows again. Their movements became increasingly clever and agile. Blonde tried to surprise Fears with a quick leap and attempt to hit his chest. However, Den was alert enough to block the attack. Their fight continued uninterrupted.

Fight had been going on for some time. Boys were feeling increasingly tired. In the end, Lambert managed to topple Fears, thus concluding their duel. Their duel didn't arise from any conflict between them. They simply wanted to test themselves against each other from time to time.

"Quite good" Lok told and gave his friend a hand.

"Thanks for the compliment" he grabbed the hand and got up.

Boys went downstair. They saw Cherit and the girls in the living room. They were eating sandwiches made by Cathy.

"Is there anything left for us?" Lok asked hopefully.

"Of course, look" the sister pointed to a plate on the kitchen island.

The boys each grabbed a sandwich and sat opposite girls.

"When will you guys learn to eat like humans?" Sophie asked.

"But we eat like humans" Den mumbled with a full mouth.

"Propriety is lacking too" she sighed.

"Yet you manage to put up with them since you've been a team for so long" Lambert girl laughed.

"There were moments when they could behave like true gentlemen" Casterwill girl remarked.

Suddenly, they heard the turning key in the door. Everyone looked towards the entrance. As the door were opened, seekers saw the man. A man Zhalia had warned them about.

"Dante!" said Lok, Sophie and Den at the same time.

All seekers went to Vale. Unexpectedly, another person emerged from behind Vale.

"Did you forget about me, Den?" asked brown-haired boy.

"Harrison?! What are you...?" Den said.

Fears hugged his big brother.

"Thanks to Dante I became official Huntik member" Harrison answered.

Everyone looked at Vale.

"I don't even know how to thank you" Den said.

"I did nothing special. It's only Harrison's hard work" Vale replied.

 "As they say: What goes around comes around" Sophie said.

"Who is she?" Harrison pointed Lok's sister.

"Ah, right. You've never met before. That's Cathy, my older sister. She became seeker a short time ago" Lok said proudly.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Harrison. As you could notice - I'm brother of that fool" Fears pointed his brother with a thumb.

"Hey, don't you exaggerate, my lovely brother?" older Fears took his brother's head and messed up his hair.

"Okey, you don't know how to joke. I didn't know you became that serious" Harrison said and folded his arms.

"I feel like I saw myself and Lok" Cathy thought and smiled.