9. Medical seeker

The girl was chatting with the man over a cup of good tea. She had been here for two weeks and was fascinated by the new surroundings. She had received orders to come to Italy from Sweden, where she usually spent her days. Suddenly, someone barged in. The group consisted of six people.

"What happened?" man got up from the table and approached the unexpected guests.

"Sophie. She needs help!" Lok said, holding the unconscious girl in his arms.

At that moment, the second person got up from the table and headed their way.

"Put her here." she pointed at the leather sofa.

She shifted a stool and began to examine injured Casterwill. In the meantime, she asked Lok what had happened. Swede put on nitrile gloves. She started to examine Sophie's injured hand. The wound around it had turned purple. She embraced her hand with hers and began to heal it. The green energy seemed stable and brought relief to Casterwill girl.

"She'll be okay." Cathy said and put her hand on her brother's shoulder.

Since Huntik team managed to escape from the underground of the cathedral, Lok hadn't uttered a word. Along the way, team got lost on the way to Foundation's hideout. If not for that fact, Sophie would look better. At this moment, she was white as a sheet.

"Wound isn't deep. Did it cause such a state?" brown-haired girl thought.

She got up from the chair and scanned Sophie's body through with a mysterious, blue spell.

"What these Spiral people won't come up with..." she sighed quietly.

"What's wrong with her?" Lambert asked.

He was so stressed that even the slightest rustle was clearly audible. Words of the suspicious girl only escalated boy's worries.

"Give me my bag." girl ignored the question and asked her colleague.

It was promptly handed over to her. She rummaged the book from it and quickly flipped through the pages until she reached where she wanted. She scanned each line with urgency. She found something. She placed a book in a visible spot.

"Are you going to say something?" Lok asked, slightly annoyed.

"Matt, take them to another room." Swede asked her colleague.

"No way. I'm staying here whether you like it or not!" Lok said firmly.

Medic extended her left hand toward team leader. Their made eye contact with each other.

"Kindlestrike" she aimed at Lok, then boy accidentaly pushed Den who was standing behind him.

"One more word!" she looked threateningly at Lok.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" older Fears asked.

"Follow me. You shouldn't disturb her." Matt said.

"Matt is right. Let's not complicate her work. It's important now that Sophie recovers from this" Vale stated.

"Even you, Dante?" Lok sighed.

"We have to trust her, Lok." Lambert's mentor answered.

Concerned friends glanced one last time at their companion and disappeared behind the door.

"Finally. I don't have to hold back." the brunette remarked and rolled up her sleeves.

Team was in the hallway with the living room. There was a green sofa, a coffee table with a glass vase containing a bouquet of blue flowers. There couldn't be a lack of a chair by the window. Windows were already covered with red blinds. There was a shoe cabinet by the exit door with coat hooks above it.