28. Preparations

A few days earlier

Death Spiral base

Shauna, Wind, and Marduk, along with his subordinates, gathered in the main hall.

"Our day is coming soon. We need to find the activation scroll. If that cursed Huntik Foundation finds a way to destroy the red comet, we must be prepared for it" the leader spoke with her Russian accent.

The activation of the Spiral Mark could be achieved in two ways: through the meeting of the Red Comet with the symbol or by gathering power in one person equal to the magical potential of the Red Comet. There was also a third way, which Shauna began to mention - the scroll. The Betrayer, knowing Lord Casterwill's cunning, had hidden the papyrus containing this secret knowledge centuries ago. This knowledge was passed down to Rassimov, who in turn told his closest associates.

"Lady Shauna. Where should we search?" Marduk asked.

"We will go there personally. We cannot afford to mess this up" the woman replied, clenching her fist.

Lok's team was marching through the desert. At the front, the leader was walking with the holotome which projected a map of the terrain with team's current location and another red pin on the map.

"Wilder's tracker indicates that we should be close" Lambert said.

In the distance, a characteristic Egyptian structure began to emerge.

"Den, look over there" the leader pointed towards the pyramid.

Fears looked through his binoculars in the indicated direction.

"Marduk, Wind, Shauna, and four silent soldiers" Den enumerated.

"One of them is definitely Wilder. So, the remaining three must also be Grier's soldiers" Lok deduced.

"If Shauna and Wind are here, it must be something very important" Harrison remarked.

"Don't you have any idea what's so important that's hidden in this pyramid?" Lok looked toward his friend.

Harrison shook his head in denial.

"So... we'll wait until they go inside" Lok suggested.

The friends hid behind a rock.

Shauna, Wind, Marduk, and his subordinates admired the pyramid up close. The Spiral leader opened the entrance using Farslip. One by one, they all entered. Inside, it was empty. In the center stood a stone sarcophagus in a decrepit state. Marduk and Wind lifted the heavy lid and leaned it against the sarcophagus. The woman looked inside and reached into the mummy. She tore away the white cloth. After a moment, she found a key that was directly attached to the deceased man's body.

"Find the door this fits" she ordered, handing the item to Marduk.

The seeker moved into the depths, expanding their exploration area.

Unexpectedly, the remaining Spirals were no longer alone. Six Huntik Foundation seekers had joined them. It was clear this was not a peaceful visit.

"I didn't expect the Death Spiral have time for sightseeing" Lok commented.

"Get them!" Shauna ordered, pointing at them.

She summoned Ash and Kopesh. Four Spiral soldiers summoned two Desert Warriors, Grand Facade, and Apinata. Wind charged towards the team, followed by the rest of the Spirals. Lok summoned Raijin, Cathy Lunar and Solar, Sophie Sorcerel, Den Vigilante, and Harrison Jericho. Malia opted to save her seeker energy and didn't summon anyone at that moment. Wind attacked Lok. They traded blows, but neither had yet to land a decisive hit.