15 | reminiscent.

ONE WEEK LATER.

NYC, 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤
𝘕𝘰𝘣𝘶 𝘍𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺-𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 | 3:30 PM

_

"Your orders, ma'am." The waiter said smiling down at Stony as she gave him and weak smile. He set both plates down in front of them, filled with salad, grilled shrimp, and lobster. Junie immediately pulled out her phone and started to record the food, making Stony at her antics.

"We ain't even pray yet ma'am? You so ready to post the food." She playfully rolled her eyes.

"Bitch shut the fuck up! You sound like a fawking munchakin." Junie waved her off continuing to record some more as Stony laughed.

This past week, Stony was caught up in looking for spaces to purchase for her future boutique. There's plenty of available spaces, and she wanted a black owned company in Brooklyn, especially one that promoted other black owned businesses itself.

It was her dream to be her own boss one day, a CEO. She was so used to working under other people that she decided that she could do better by herself. The most important thing to do was invest her money into a business that would generate even more revenue.

"Stop acting like Rollie cause then ima get like Chrisean." Stony rolled her eyes, taking a bite into her sushi.

"That's fine. When they go low, I go LOWER." Junie told her.

"In all seriousness though, I'm so proud of this next step chapter girl. This business is gonna be sooo dope. I can see it now, a safe place for black women to shop? It's definitely giving." Junie told her.

"That's all I ever wanted girl. I hate walking into a store and I feel like someone's watching me, or when I buy something they look surprised that I can afford it. We can have our own luxury." Stony shrugged.

Everyone around her was proud of what she was doing; Ace, Junie, Rai, Kam— she was glad to have a support system like this. They didn't judge her for dancing because Rai herself was still in the club, but it was an accomplishment nonetheless.

"What a boss. Who got a better big sister than me?" Junie told her. She sacrificed so much just to provide for them both, of course she was proud of Stony.

"Always us, never them." She said trying to crack open her lobster. She furrowed her eyebrows. "How the FAWK do you get this open?!" She said tussling with it on top of the table.

Junie sighed. "Girl use the damn fork or something I don't know. Where's Ace when you need him."

Stony's heart sunk at the thought of Ace. All she was thinking about was the moment they confessed that they loved each other. She definitely loved Ace, and she hoped that he didn't say it just because they were having sex.

Even though she's the one who said it first.

It wasn't the way she intended for it to go down, but she didn't regret it at all. Ace has made sure she's been straight many times, she trusted him. She was open to loving again.

"If Ace was here he'd probably hit me with the damn lobster for all I know." Stony chuckled. Junie smirked, looking at her slyly. "What?"

"I heard y'all two the other night on the phone. I love you Acey Poohhh. Made me sick! Y'all ugly!"

Stony tried to hide her smile and stuck her middle finger up playfully. "First of all I did NOT call him no damn Acey Pooh." She laughed, reaching over for the soy sauce near her elbow.

"I can't wait till y'all give me some nieces or nephews. Like I-

Stony immediately started coughing up her drink, widening her eyes at what Junie just said. "Nigga is you crazy?!"