18 | lemonade.

𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐥𝐲𝐧, 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤
𝘚𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘺'𝘴 𝘈𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 | 2:45 pm

ONE MONTH LATER

_

"That's it. It's settled." Stony took a long draw of her breath as she leaned back in her chair. The vision is the Soul Lounge was no more; it was authentic. An actual place to be inside of.

The time she took to invest herself in being a shop owner finally paid off. She was officially a business owner. It meant so much to her to come from dancing to finally owning something she could call hers. A home.

"You did it! The grand opening is tomorrow right? This shit is insane." Junie jumped up and down as she cheered for her sister, who was visibly moved to tears at the sight of her finished shop.

It took months. Planning with Sheri, getting inventory, having Ace put his spin and order and things, and having a team behind her willing to be employed there.

"I don't see why not. I'm gonna go ahead and post it now. It's just unbelievable how quick but also incredibly difficult it took to make this happen."

Junie comforted her sister. "You're blessed Taraji. Grandma been our guardian angel, looking out for us this whole time."

Stony nodded. "I wish she was here to see all of this happen. And ... mom."  The air grew eerie speaking on her mother. It was something the both of them didn't like doing, but it was needed. Of course they were still on edge about her whereabouts , but they didn't just want to up and say she was dead.

"I know they're proud of us. One hundred percent." Junie told her, snuggling her arms around Stony's shoulder.

"I hope they are ...."

Moving out of her seat, she stood up to post on her main and business page. Waiting on this moment for years, it finally felt like a dream come true. She was super excited to be a business owner, resorting to stripping to take care of her, and Junie was something she wanted to leave in the past. It definitely set her up for success, financially, and that was something that she couldn't take away from all of the shit she went through while being a dancer.

She was finalized her posts, uploaded them onto Instagram and Facebook which was immediately met with much love. The amount of notifications she was getting became endless. She posted the flyer to her grand opening, also putting a link to RSVP. Her business partner Sheri was more than happy to plan the celebration tomorrow.

"I know that's FAWKING right." Junie said snapping her fingers together.

Stony chuckled and looked into her phone, seeing that it was buzzing vigorously by the second. Ace was calling her, and she swiftly picked it up to accept the facetime call.

"Hey ba-

"MY MUHFUCKIN LADY A SHOP OWNER. LETS GOOOOOOO" Ace yelled into the camera as the background of TJ's barebshop clapped along and cheered. Stony beamed a smile from ear to ear, seeing her man support her.

"Y'all don't know how proud I am of my baby. She took some entrepreneurship courses, stacked her bread, she even let me help out. Y'all niggas better be at The Soul Lounge tomorrow or i'm shooting yall. HMPH on BD." Ace spoke.

"Baby! You can't shoot them if they don't wanna go."

"Trust me. They gone go." He said firmly while everyone around him chuckled.

"Aye sis we proud of you. Ima get my moms and them to come out and support ya, you heard?" Rollie walked into the camera while Stony thanked him.

"Aww that's beyond sweet. TJ thank you as well. Y'all finna make me cry." She fake wiped a tear while starting to chuckle a bit. Ace ended up taking the phone and stumbled back a bit to admire Stony, who's face was in the camera.