25 | infatuation.

𝐓𝐮𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐚𝐢𝐜𝐨𝐬 | 9:19 pm

__

"Baby?" Stony asked quietly, she tucked her bottom lip between her teeth as she walked closer to Ace, who had exited the restaurant in what seemed like shock after the phone call he just had.

"What's going on? Ace talk to me, you're making me nervous." She said trying to keep up with him and his elongated walks as he got back to their rental car. She finally caught up to him when he started fumbling with his pockets to find keys, and heard his voice trembling lowly. It was then that she noticed the tear threatening to fall from his eye as he visibly tried to pull his face away.

"Oh my God, what happened on the phone?" She asked even more worried, she had never seen Ace cry, ever. This was solely new to her, he was always comforting her. She had never seen him so shaken up.

"Somebody shot Adrian. I don't know, I guess he was out and was arguing with some people and - he's in critical condition right now. My parents flew from Baltimore to New York to see him in the hospital." He got out, still trying to keep his voice alive and not get himself worked up.

Stony took in every piece of information and her body became stiff. It seemed like there was too much going on at once, just months ago she dealt with her evil-spirited mother, all of the drama surrounding her relationship and being a stripper, and now Adrian was hurt.

She wanted her and Ace to be able to love each other without the noise, the constant fear that them or somebody they love would be in harms way.

"We need to get back to the states, like as soon as possible."

Ace nodded his head, unlocking the car and swiftly opening the door for her as he got in and tried to still keep himself together. He was more angry than sad, and he hated being truly angry because when he was, he cried. And that made him feel weak.

"I'm already knowing. Tomorrow morning?" He asked looking in her eyes lowly. She didn't reply, just nodded and held his hand as he looked back at the street, pushed the start to the car and rolled from out of the driveway.

__

Daylight started to burn as Ace and Stony found themselves back on another private jet, ending their baecation earlier than expected. She didn't mind it though, there was countless times he dropped what he did for her. Adrian was like family, and she was going to support hers no matter what.

Stony tried her best to console Ace as he sat in his seat on the jet very quietly. This was the first time she'd seen him this shaken up, besides the time she beat Trevor's ass in the club for her. Other than that, Ace's mood was very calm. With him being 6'7, she always called him her gentle giant.

Ace's phone started to buzz repeatedly from family, updating him on Adrian's condition — which was critical condition. It seemed so blurry that something like this happened, he was in college. It just didn't seem real that something like this could happen to him.

Ace took the call from his parents first before getting on a Group FaceTime with his cousins. They were all planning to come from Baltimore to New York. Kam, Rollie, and TJ checked in as well, just as shocked.

"What's his condition right now Ace?" Nique asked.

"My parents told me he's in critical." He said blankly on the phone while everyone on the call gasped.

"I'm not gone lie every mothafucka involved gotta go. Who the hell shoots a damn college kid for no reason?" Leon spat out.

"We don't know what happened yet, everybody gotta calm down before we get to the hospital. Stress ain't finna do shit but makes things worse." De'Andre said over the phone. As much as Ace wanted to crash out, he was right. His family was all over the place right now and he couldn't think clearly, he needed to know what led up to this. Cause best believe he was going to take care of it.