21 | stoic.

𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐥𝐲𝐧, 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤
𝘚𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘺'𝘴 𝘈𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 | 7:37 PM

Spirits were high as the group of young people gathered in an intimate ceremony just for Junie. Stony wanted to make her day extremely special and just for her, so she decided to have a dinner and party at their house for her graduation.

The entire living room was scattered with balloons, with decorations that read out 'Congratulations' or Junie's name spelled in a cute font.

Of course, Junie wasn't extremely social outside of her family. Meeting Ace was a blessing because it allowed her only friends to really be his cousins. Makayla, Nique, De'Andre, Leon, Tracey, and Adrian all traveled from Baltimore on Ace's accord to attend. Rai and Kam were there, as well as Mama Cher and Keenan.

Rollie and TJ made their ways as well, acting as if they were somebody's uncle, gifting Junie with money and cracking jokes the entire time. The entire home was filled with people who mattered, and cheerful vibes were coming from every corner.

The ending of Champagne Poetry by Drake played lowly out of a speaker as Junie finished opening some of her gifts. Currently, her last one was from no one other than Ace himself.

Her face lit up as she pulled out a box with a large ribbon. "To little sis, from Ace." She held up the box and opened it, revealing a YSL bag with a golden strap.

"Hold it up! That's the one you wanted right?" Stony recorded , making a serious face as she zoomed in on the camera. Ace looked at her, acting like someone's mother and started laughing.

"Yes! Ace, your big giant behind is alright with me." She said, reaching out and giving him a hug as he sucked his teeth.

"You welcome lil nigga. I can never win around here." He said hugging her back as Stony continued to record. Sometimes she couldn't believe that her life changed so quickly all because of love.

Stony ended her video, smiling to herself as she replayed it back on loop. As she watched, she heard Junie clear her throat as she stood up from the stool she sat in. "Thanks everyone for bringing me gifts and making feel special. Who knew being smart would bring me this far." She announced as everyone laughed lowly. It was a comfortable silence for a little before being broken.

"Who on the aux? I wanna hear some real shit right now." Kam asked while Rai playfully looked away. TJ stood up, nodding and then and connected his phone to the bluetooth, changing the song to some classics everyone knew. When I See U by Fantashia boosted from the speakers, making everyone stand up and start singing along.

"Hold on, watch y'all know about this?" Keenan asked them with a cup in his hand already. Ace side eyed his father, which only made Cher laugh a little bit as she watched him get irritated.

"Nigga everybody know this song. You and ma swear y'all be ahead of somebody." He said grabbing Stony's hand and having her lean inward for them to dance with each other, making her laugh a little bit before turning her head away. Stony shifted her eyes away from Ace's gaze. They were months into their relationship, however she still felt super shy under his view. Something about him staring into her soul made her extremely shy, they were intoxicating.

"See you walk in my direction, I go da other wayyy." Ace teased, looking down at her as she rolled her eyes a little bit. He licked over his bottom lip a little bit before lifting up her head. "Why you looking away ma?"

"You're making me nervous, and the song isn't helping either." She shrugged.

Ace chuckled a little bit as she swayed in his arms still. "So what you saying is, I still be having you geeked?"