20 | anxiety.

𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐥𝐲𝐧, 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘰𝘶𝘭 𝘓𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘦 |  1:45 pm

__

"Girl guess who baby daddy poppin they bussy in my muhfuckin DM's?" Rai rapped loudly in Stony's shop
as she looked backed at her and mugged her.

"Sorai, if you don't shut the hell up? What if a customer hears you?" Stony finished stocking one of the empty shelves she had on display. It seemed like every week she was doing inventory because her merchandise was always selling out. It was a blessing and a curse.

"They can turn up with us! POUND T- okay i'll stop." She said as a couple people gave her stares, all while Stony almost bursted out laughing.

"Taraji it seem like the shop is packed every damn day. It hasn't been a slow day since it first opened up." Rai told her. Looking around, it had to have been a good handful of people inside the building, not to mention those who went into the photo booth or the spa.

"Girl tell me about it. Every day it's a constant battle but I'm grateful. I manifested this day." She told her, putting some lashes on display as she listened.

"I love this for you. How's content creating been?"

Stony chuckled. "Girl I'm trying my best to be consistent. I'm editing my first video now which is like a day-in-my-life type of video. Instagram and TikTok is so much easier. I just hope the platform I have on those sites will fuck with my YouTube."

"They have no choice but to! You're an it girl, people love and follow that energy. I'm about to make five different accounts and subscribe right now." Rai said popping her gum as the two laughed.

Stony pulled her weight up and stood over by Rai, who was sitting comfortably in one of the shops pink seats.

"How have you been though? Has everything been better between you and Kam?" She asked, grabbing her drink and downing some of it while she took the time to answer.

"Honestly, yes. It has been a lot better. We've been communicating a lot more, and since the miscarriage he's been so much easier on me. Very very gentle and just always checking up on me. He took me to the lake one day and we just sat and talked." Stony nodded as she continued to talk.

"We would've been parents, and we still can be. God makes no mistakes, so i'm not questioning why it happened. I know one day we'll gain our baby back. It was like losing a tiny part of us, and the pain comes here and there. I know for Kam especially , he's been so worked up on having a son. I swear yo." Rai chuckled.

"I'm literally going to cry. I'm glad that everything turned out fine. The healing is immaculate, for both of you."

Rai huffed and smiled at her. "Thank you Taraji. But I mean you and Ace too! Y'all are going ham with this business shit. I know it must feel good to have a partner who has the same interests as you."

"It does, but it's soooo much with it as well. Time flexibility, scheduling, not wanting to be in the public eye when we're together." She said. Ace was a celebrity, and the first thing he wanted when it came to him and Stony's lives was privacy. On top of that? He was running a multi million dollar company. Sometimes it became hard to make time when their businesses needed them.

"Damn. I know it's something y'all can get through though. I mean, it's a good problem. The only thing coming in between y'all is your career. It's all a communication thing."

Stony nodded her head in agreement. Luckily for her, Ace was clear to be in New York all this week. His headquarters, office, and home was here followed by another office down in Baltimore. It was easy for him to go back and forth where he wanted.