Section Four: Dance & Oxytocin, with a side of Blood.

A few days have passed since Enid's interview was released, and during that time, I've learned more about the people around me at Nevermore. I've become close with Eugene, Enid, Tyler, and Wednesday, who happens to be childhood friends with Xavier, who also attends the school. But even more surprising, I discovered that the person who poured gasoline into the fountain statue was Wednesday's friend, whose name is Thing. I still can't quite wrap my head around it, but he helps her with her "bidding," whatever that may be.

In the meantime, my workouts are starting to pay off, as I'm getting stronger and more agile. Eugene, Wednesday, and I even managed to find a tooth from the monster we've been researching. This discovery psyched me out a bit, so I decided to upgrade my tool and weapon arsenal for our expeditions. In addition to my trusty flashlight, I now carry a bag with a knife, hatchet, flint and steel, snacks, and most importantly, a spiked bat. Wednesday thinks it's cool, and I even convinced Enid, who is apparently Wednesday's roommate, to make me a custom holder for the bat that hangs below my backpack. Although it can be a bit noisy, it's always within reach and easy to grab when needed. Wednesday thinks it's a good fit for me, given my strength and all.

Speaking of weapons, Wednesday and I have also been doing fencing every other day. While I'm not a pro by any means, I've definitely improved, and it seems like Wednesday can't autopilot like she used to. And to top it all off, my family sent me my guitar, so I've started playing again. Despite all the chaos that's been happening, my life finally feels at peace. I must be doing something right.

Now that leaves one thing: The Rave'n. I haven't been asked, most likely because not many know me well enough to choose me over someone they already know. The ones who do know me already have a date or are male, or are Wednesday. I'm not too upset about it, just a shame really. Last I heard, Wednesday and Eugene were going to scope out the cave during the Rave'n. But the principal wanted me to make a video of the dance because the ceremony didn't get shown for obvious reasons. So, since I didn't get a date, here I am getting ready to film!

It's Friday after school, and I'm in Jericho! I stroll into the cafe and see Tyler working. "Yo yo yo, Tyler!" I exclaim. Instead of greeting me, he looks at me with an upset expression. "Is everything alright?" I say, concerned as Tyler sighs. "It's fine," he says, still upset. "Just girls." I nod. "Ah yeah, I understand." I look behind me, and the line is clear, the shop is nearly empty. "Tell me who and what happened." I lean on the desk.

"Well, do you know Wednesday?" he asks, also leaning on the desk. I nod yes. "Well, I was expecting her to ask me out to the Rave'n because I thought we liked each other... but if you know her well enough, she has her 'to-do list.' Apparently she doesn't need to use me anymore." My face drops, and I feel an odd twinge in my heart. I don't think about her like that, but hearing him say that he wanted Wednesday to ask him out bites my heart for an odd reason? Regardless, I respond to Tyler, "You know how she is. I'm sure she cares about you, but she can't put down this stuff about the murders." I take a water bottle out of my bag and take a sip.

"Well, she's taking her friend Xavier," he says, looking more sorrowful. I'd be lying if I didn't feel the same. "Gosh... I'm sorry, Tyler," I say sorrowfully. "Well, I don't know how she said it, I could probably read her eyes a little bit." I take another drink. "You can always try resolving it with her, but honestly, she is a good person. I know she will apologize sooner than later." Tyler looks up at me. "I hope you're right. But do me a favor," he says, looking up at me closely. "Don't bring it up to her. If I'm important, she'll let me know." I nod with another sip. It's almost a mechanism at this point. "I promise I won't."

He sits up. "Thanks, Logan. You're a real one." I sit up as well. "Of course, man. I hope it all ends well!" I say with a small smile. I order a bottle of apple juice and sit down at a nearby table, finishing my list of shots for the video.