Chapter 19

I fired two shots and closed my eyes not wanting to see the damage I just did. I heard the screams and didn't open my eyes until I felt Zane's arms wrap around me. My chest heaved up and down repeatedly and dramatically. I opened my eyes to see Serpent's body, but it wasn't there.

I pushed Zane's body away from me and started looking around and searching for where is body went. My words got caught in my throat and I started tapping Zane's back and pointing towards the empty spot, where should have laid Serpents body.

There was a trail of blood leading to the back door, which was cracked and slightly ajar and the snakes had also disappeared.

Zane looked towards the door and seen exactly what I was seeing. He ran towards the door and pushed it open just in time to see Serpent being thrown in a black Ranger Rover as I stood behind him in shock.
Serpent caught us looking and pointed towards his wounds which were located in his arm and shoulder. I slapped my forehead and gritted in dismay by the foolish shot I took.

They sped off and there was nothing I could do but watch. "Shit. How the fuck did I-" I was cut off by yelling.

'WHERE THE FUCK Y'ALL AT?" I could hear mama yelling but my feet wouldn't move. Zane took me by the hand and followed her voice down to the beautifully painted and finished basement.

"We're going on lockdown. What the hell happened to you two?" Alanna said looking at me before coming and wrapping her arms around me hugging me tight.

"You remember Lakim?" I mumbled almost incoherently. But she shook her head and pulled away from me looking up at me.

"Who's Lakim?" She asked staring at me with a blank expression. Then it dawned on me. She wouldn't remember because she lost her memory four years ago. Now it comes back in pieces.

She remembers most of her life but not all of it.

"You're talking about Serpent? Drug dealer Serpent who I warned you about dating? These are his men. They want retaliation after all this time? Are you serious. HE'S DEAD" My mother spoke with conviction in her voice and started to get more and more upset with each word.

I sighed and shook my head. "He's not dead and is very much alive. He was just in our kitchen with two Indian pythons that scared the fuck out of Zanna." Zane said as Alanna helped me to sit down. I was feeling very light headed.

They all turned and looked at me and stared but I just stared blankly at the wall. "I got all the doors shut and locked no more will come in range of the house" Lamont, moms boyfriend said as he came back with Pops, Jacoby's father.

"Did I hear y'all talking about this Serpent boy?" Jacoby father asked and we all turned his way while I mumbled a barely inaudible yes. "I've heard rumors that boy wasn't dead, he's got his father's touch.. Ain't that right Lamont?" Pops asked staring directly at Lamont.

I could barely believe my ears, Serpent was..is Lamont's child? How did we skip over this and not see it? How was I so blind. Think back Zanna. Think.

"Yeah he's my son, so what you think I'm so kind of enemy now? My son is responsible for his own actions. Of course he ain't dead I'm his daddy, been shot at many times before so ain't no way I'm letting my son go down by a pussy ass bullet." Lamont was staring Pops right in the eyes with a vein bulging out the side of his head.

"Y'all need to fucking cool it, because if I remember right all four of us was there when Serpent supposedly died, one thing we know about Serpent is that he out for blood" Alanna said unusually becoming the calm one.

"Kill Him" Where the only words muttered from beside the doorway. A desert eagle cocked and loaded pointing straight in the direction of Lamont.

Who did the words come from though. I tilted my head to look behind the curved wall and I seen Jacobs mother, Mama Dayshauna.