Chapter 13 - Ophelia

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

ON THE WAY to the MIT building my mind keeps bringing up the encounters that I've had with Dario. From the first time I saw him and all the numerous encounters he has been staying in my mind and it seems like he has no intentions to leave the abode that he has made in my mind.

I keep looking forward to the time that we spent together, we haven't even spent time outside the bakery so I don't understand why the infatuation for him keeps growing, why the brakes of this ride aren't working. The ride keeps going faster and faster and there's no destination in sight.

There's still so much that I don't know about him, he always lets me keep on talking and then time goes on and one then we both have to leave the establishment. Whenever I try to force him to talk about himself he turns the conversation around, I don't always notice it, then I'm back to talking about myself.

While I want him to talk about himself I want him to do that by his own terms but at the same time I have a nagging feeling inside of me telling me if I don't keep on pressing him he won't tell me anything about him, only the superficial information but I want more than that. Payment for the amount I've told him.

My parents would be screaming at me for telling so much about me to a stranger but I can't see him as a stranger when I know him for a month already and I made sure not to tell him too much incase he's not who I think he is but the moment he starts talking more about himself I know that the line won't be there anymore.

My gut also tells me not to say too much especially to someone who can't do the same to me but with him it's effortless to keep talking to him because he's always listening no matter the words that come out of my mouth. And I crave that kind of interaction and he fulfills that craving.

I catch sight of Grace and jog towards her. Her white headphones and her beige trench coat are noticeable. I have never seen her without them so whenever I see someone with a white headphone or a beige trench coat my mind thinks of her.

The girl spoke in her native language to the person behind the phone as wind blew through her hair. I didn't interrupt her conversation and waited till she had time to talk to me. We had started getting closer each time we met up with the group for our project. Even with the other two boys, it's a closeness that we can approach each other at school, we aren't up to the point where we'll meet after classes unless it has something to do with the project.

Students bustled around heading towards their classes, some of the students that passed were familiar due to doing the same classes and if our eyes connected we'd simply smile at each other.

We had a big campus so not everyone was familiar.
"Sorry," the girl apologized as she gave a small smile, I waved my hands around, "there's no need to apologize." Grace took a couple of glances at me before she popped her question, "can I help you with anything?"