Ten | University

LILITH

I never felt so exposed as Silvio's eyes burnt into mine.

I was genuinely taken aback by everyone's reaction, I am not sure if they really meant it or did it to just make me happy but in any case, I was happy. Really.

Happy to have friends like them. Supportive and loving.

Unlike my best friend who still gaped at me without uttering a single word.

"Hello...?" I stepped closer to him and waved my hand in front of his eyes.

He blinked at me slowly and cocked his head, his eyes once again roaming over me. "Where the fuck is my ugly-looking best friend?"

I gasped and hit him on his chest. "You are such an asshole! Ugh. Is that even a way to say that I am looking good?"

To be honest, I wasn't really angry at him for saying that. Silvio always had a different way of expressing himself and he indirectly did compliment me.

He stepped closer and shoved the bouquet he was holding towards me.

I snorted. "No, thanks."

He was literally giving me red roses, is he even serious? I was glad he couldn't see me blushing.

With a glare, he forced the bouquet into my hand.

"Wow, so sweet," I said sarcastically then hit him with the bouquet itself making a few petals fall down. "Let's go, stupid. We are getting late."

Taking the bouquet with me, I walked out of the room and he followed behind me.

Downstairs in the living room, I found Alessandro and his wife talking with Mom and they both complimented me too.

Thanking them, I handed the bouquet over to Mom so that she could keep it in a vase or something.

Outside Silvio held open the door of the car for me and I climbed into the passenger's seat and he helped me with pulling my gown off the floor and placing it carefully inside and making sure it doesn't get stuck as he closed the door.

As he drove us to the venue, I prepared myself for everyone's stares.

.
.
.

Sure enough, people were stunned to see Silvio there since he is quite famous, known as the "silent, mystery boy", son of Alessandro Ludovica, someone who no one dares to mess with.

Everyone knew me as his best friend and they loved to stare at us, whispering among themselves.

Tonight, fortunately, they all soon went back to whatever they were doing.

I held Silvio's hand as we walked around, taking in all the decorations and lights.

"You didn't even take a picture with me," I complained to him.

He didn't waste any time in pulling out his phone.

"Take a selfie!" I suggested.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and he extended the phone so that we could both fit into the frame.

I grinned up at it as he clicked the picture.