Twenty-Seven | Nightmare

First of all, thank you so much for being patient with me as I took my own sweet time to complete this chapter and also thank you for over hundred comments on the last chapter.

Please give me those many comments again. I loved reading each one of them. I love y'all.

TWO WEEKS LATER...

LILITH

"Here." Silvio tossed me the packet of my favourite sour candy strips. I was craving it so badly earlier that I literally cried for it.

He looked like he had run a marathon with the way he was breathing heavily and his messy hair and he leaned against the kitchen countertop, sighing heavily.

I pecked his lips. "Thank you! I love you!"

His lips twitched and he gazed at me lovingly.

I quickly tore open the packet and taking out a strip, put one end in my mouth.

It automatically reminded me of the time I tried to find out if Silvio has feelings for me or not by using a candy strip.

It seemed like he was thinking the same as he leaned down and grabbed its other end with his own mouth.

This time I didn't feel nervous or unsure about what might happen, instead I started to chew on it and he did the same, eliminating the space between us with every bite.

Unlike last time, he didn't cut it off with his teeth, this time he captured my lips in a short, sweet kiss.

I chuckled after he removed his lips from mine.

He backed me against the counter and caressed my cheek with my thumb. "Any specific reason why you did that back in college?"

I shrugged. "Colette and Charlotte told me to find out if you have feelings for me or not and I don't know why I thought by doing that, I would get an answer."

"Did you get an answer?"

"I don't know. I was too busy calming myself down after you left. You gave me so many butterflies that day. I never expected you to do that."

"I never expected you to do that either. But it was fun to see you get so flustered."

"Oh..." I slid my arms around his neck. "I thought you were going to kiss me then..."

"I was. I really wanted to."

I frowned. "You should have, I did want you to kiss me."

His eyes twinkled with amusement and he brushed his lips against mine. "Like this?"

"Mhmm..."

Cyrus's voice suddenly boomed into the kitchen. "Here I am dying of hunger and you two are busy flirting."

All playfulness vanished from Silvio as he snapped his head at Cyrus. "Then cook for yourself."

Rolling my eyes, I pushed Silvio away and said to Cyrus, "Dinner's ready. You call everyone down to eat."

"Thanks, babe. You are so sweet..." Then he narrowed his eyes at Silvio. "...unlike someone."

He walked away with Silvio glaring at his back.

Later we all settled around the dining table, me included because now Silvio forces me to have all three meals with them.

Plus I am going to be officially part of their family soon.

If it was up to Silvio, we would have been married the very next day after he proposed (or told me to marry him.)

But the dress I wanted for the wedding had to be custom made so it was taking them sometime much to Silvio's annoyance.