Six | Crush

LILITH
(Age Sixteen)

I was in a bad mood and the reason for that was my so-called best friend who sat beside me in the cafeteria as we had our lunch.

The reason I was angry with him? He refused to give me the extra piece of garlic bread he had on his plate.

For someone who was already eighteen, he was acting like a petty kid. Yesterday I ate the last slice of pizza at dinner and he was making me pay for that.

I glowered at him as he took a bite of that last piece of garlic bread while holding my gaze, mocking me silently.

I tried to snatch it away but of course, he didn't let me. All the training he does every day has made his reflexes so fast and smooth.

With an angry pout, I watched him eat. My eyes trailed over his face. It's as if each day his features keep turning sharper and more beautiful.

Ever since I told him not to shave years back, he actually listened. Now, he keeps a nice stubble which does make him look really mature and handsome, won't admit that to him though.

"Please...at least give me half of that."

He ignored me and continued to eat.

"God, I hate you," I mumbled.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw a girl approaching us so I turned my head towards her and recognised her as one of my classmates.

I offered her a smile when she neared me but her attention was fixed on Silvio who was oblivious to it.

At last, she looked at me. "Lilith, right?"

"Yeah..."

She brushed her strawberry blonde hair away from her face. "I always see you hanging out with him."

"Yes...?"

"Are you his girlfriend?" Her nose scrunched up.

It took everything in me to not laugh at that. I would be the last person to date Silvio.

"No. He is my best friend."

Her eyes scanned me from head to toe and she rolled her eyes. "Thought so."

Okay, ouch. I get it. I am definitely not Silvio's type and we don't even look good together but she didn't have to be a bitch about it.

Silvio's head snapped to her at that statement. He had already finished his garlic bread and unhurriedly got up.

His gaze fixed on her and he cocked his head, sizing her up like how a predator does to its prey.

Silvio is overprotective of me and I love that. But when he cocks his head like that, that's when you should really run away.

I grabbed his hand before he could do anything stupid and gave it a squeeze, silently pleading to him with my eyes.

That girl, whatever her name was, noticed the shift in the air and glanced between us looking unsure.

Maybe it was her lucky day cause she was suddenly called away by one of her friends and giving Silvio one last look, she ran away from there.

I sighed in relief and shot him a glare. "Sit down, you didn't have to do that. I don't want you to be called to the office again just because of me."

When I said overprotective, I meant it. I can't even remember the number of times Silvio has picked up a fight just because someone said something to me. And that's been going on ever since I joined this school.