Twenty-Eight | Kidnapped

Completed writing this chapter while I am down with a fever and cold so if you find some dialogues really cringe, then ignore them.

LILITH

I ran my fingers through Silvio's hair as he laid his head on my lap. "Promise that we won't ever be apart again. That one year without you was like hell." 

"I promise, mia luna." He murmured, gazing up at me. "Nothing can ever keep me away from you anymore. You will be my wife soon too."

Overwhelmed with emotions, I bent down and pressed my lips to his.

.
.

.

I woke up with a loud gasp and realised that I was tied to a chair with ropes. I blinked my eyes and adjusted my vision to my surroundings and it took me a moment to realise where exactly I was. The house where I spent the first eight years of my life.

I was in the same living room where my father first hit me. It still gave me the same cold chills as it did back then.

My breath hitched when my eyes finally fell on my father sitting on the worn-out couch, his eyes fixed on me. He was almost bald now, his black eyes rimmed eye probably due to drinking again. And that look in his eyes scared me. A lot.

He is not supposed to be here, he is supposed to be in jail where Alessandro had him put years back. Mom told me a few years back that Alessandro even offered to kill him but she requested him to just get him locked up for life.

I don't recall much of how he brought me here. All I remember is seeing him at the grocery shop then he must have injected me with something to make me unconscious.

My throat felt too dry as I tried to speak, "Why?"

"Here's the thing, Lilith." With slow, predator-like movements, he stood up. "You and your bitch of a mother thought that you could ruin my life while you both live happily. I couldn't let that happen now, could I?"

He gripped my jaw in between his fingers and leaned down. "She is lucky that I could only give her a quick death."

My eyes widened when I realised what he meant. He killed her. He killed my mom.

A tear fell down my eye. "H-how?"

A malicious smile spread over his face. "Even behind bars, I could pull some strings with the money I had saved. It's a pity Ann got caught in the end."

I wasn't sure if I was breathing anymore.

"You would have been dead too that same night had your fucking friend not saved you."

He was the one to send Axel after me?

I was sobbing loudly by then. He tried to kill me. He killed Mom. And I thought we were safe from him.

"And now..." He pulled out a sharp knife from his pocket and stepped closer.

"No. No." I cried. "Please don't. I...I...am pregnant, please don't do this."

As I tried to wriggle around in the chair, I felt one of the ropes loosening and some hope kindled inside of me.

I just needed some time.

He let out a hysterical laugh. "You think I care if you are fucking pregnant or not?"

My hands were tied behind the chair and the rope around my wrist kept loosening with every movement.

"I will give you anything else you want. Money, a house...anything. Just let me go." I pleaded.

Then I tried to warn him. "Just let me leave and nothing will happen to you because if Silvio finds you, you will regret hurting me."