Eleven | Proud

I was going to update directly at midnight but then I just felt like giving one extra update so you y'all better fill this chapter with lots of comments.

LILITH
(Age Eighteen)

Mom wasn't feeling well so I told her that I can make lunch today after all she has taught me all her recipes and it turns out that I love to cook just as much.

But while she is content cooking in this house for the rest of her life, I would like to open my own restaurant one day for which I want to study business so that I could manage everything better.

I tossed the boiled pasta into the red sauce I made and garnished it with grated cheese and the lunch was done.

As I was done washing my hands, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and I was pulled back against a chest.

And that familiar voice, which I missed so damn much every day, murmured against my ear, "Hello, mia luna."

All the tension melted away from my body and I leaned back into his chest. "I'm sorry, who is this?" I teased.

He pinched my waist. "Your favourite person."

"Oh...Marcelo?"

He pinched me so hard that I yelped loudly and elbowed him in his chest. "Asshole."

He stepped back giving me some space to turn around and I slapped his shoulder. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming here when I called you yesterday?"

He simply rolled the sleeves of his white shirt up to his elbows and gave me a half-shrug.

I think he wanted to surprise me but then I remembered that it is quite obvious that he would be here considering tomorrow evening Alessandro is officially handing over the leadership to Marcelo and a party is being held for that. The day after tomorrow, Alessandro and his wife will move out of this mansion.

I think I am just stupid to not have used my brain to figure out the reason for his presence.

This is just the second time he is visiting. He visited before when he completed the first year of University and came here for the break and now that I think, his second year also ended a couple of days back which means he will be here for some time.

I stepped closer to him and wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his chest, breathing in his comforting smell.

He just rested his arm on my lower back and I heard him sniff my hair. "You smell."

Ugh. I pulled back, grabbed the spatula from the countertop, and raised it to hit him, but he stepped out of the way.

"I am never ever hugging you again, asshole!" I tried to hit him again but he started to run away.

So I chased him around the kitchen with that spatula in my hand and he let out a rough, hearty chuckle which caressed my heart.

But that didn't save him as I continued to chase him and he eventually ran out to the living room where Cyrus, Marcelo and Ezekiel were present.

They all were sitting on the couch and I chased Silvio around it and finally, I threw the spatula towards him and it hit him on his back.