Nineteen | Warmth

SILVIO

All the written words made no sense, they kept blurring into each other no matter how hard I tried to finish this damn chapter.

We were on our way back from London and our prisoner sat unconscious opposite me in our jet and I volunteered to keep an eye on him.

Marcelo had disappeared with Orla inside the bedroom, my brother seems to be smitten by her. Not that I care. He can do whatever the hell he wants with her.

After the tenth try, I shut the book with more force than necessary and placed it away and took out my phone and connected it to the wifi available.

I stared at the text Lilith accidentally sent me a few days back, even though she deleted it, I retrieved it back. It wasn't for me and after I hacked and went through her phone, I found no other man's name with whom she could go out with.

After pondering on it, I came to the conclusion that it must have meant for Orla considering their growing friendship.

She didn't go out for any dates even in the past year since I was tracking her every movement through the tracker in her phone and also through the various cameras in the house.

She couldn't have expected me to leave her alone completely. I needed to make sure she was safe while I was not with her.

I closed the messaging app and then stared at my phone's wallpaper. The last picture we took together. On her birthday.

After she convinced me for a few selfies and made me hold the phone, she paused to think about which pose we should do.

Then she showed me how to make a 'Korean heart symbol' with her fingers.

That's when I secretly clicked the picture, it captured both of our faces from the side angle. Her smiling while making that symbol while I gazed at her in amusement.

The way I looked at her made it clear what she actually meant to me. My moon.

I didn't show this picture to her, since she doesn't like to get candid pictures clicked, and made it my wallpaper.

Cyrus plopped down in the seat next to me and I closed my phone before he could drill me about that wallpaper.

"You have been turning down my offer for a threesome for the past month." He complained. "What are you on? Some sort of celibacy promise?"

I have been celibate for almost a year and a half now but he doesn't need to know that.

"Is this about Lilith?" He asked curiously.

Now that he mentioned her...

I punched him hard enough to make his lips bust open, the same lips which touched her cheeks.

"Ow, what the fuck was that for?" He wiped away the blood with his fingers and glared at me.

"Don't touch her ever again," I emphasized every word so that it would get to his thick brain.

His eyes glinted with mischief. "Oh, that's what this is about. I see. Well, what can I do when you won't just accept that you love her? I mean what's so wrong about it? Everyone can see how much you love her, I do, your parents do and I am sure our grandparents in their graves do too."

"For someone who reads Romance all day, you are really stupid." He added.

Because I am not fucking sure if she wants me or not. I want to know what she feels about me exactly. I make her nervous, that much is clear with the way she blushes and shudders whenever I come closer.