talk to me

I was ecstatic to learn more about Cael. And this time, I will be getting to know him as a person, not as an arrangement that I will have to live with. I have to admit, he has grown on me. 

''If you don't mind,'' I said bursting with energy, ''can we make this system?''

I pointed at him: ''You ask one question,'' I pointed at myself, ''Then I answer and ask a question to you and you answer? Pretty please?''

He looked away, he sighed and dropped his head to his knees.

''Sure,'' He still wasn't looking at me, but I was wondering what exactly was exhausting him so much. Maybe it's me, but he wouldn't have agreed to my suggestion if it was me, right? ''But don't make me regret this.''

''I won't disappoint you, but can I ask first?''

''As you say.''

''I can get us some wine if it will help you relax, I bet this day was exhausting,'' I wasn't really concerned, but let's just say, I didn't want him to just be suffering even though this was supposed to help with our relationship. 

''Oh no, I don't want to intrude,'' He finally sat up straight and started to comically gesture no. 

''You do realize,'' I said while getting up, ''I'm doing to this ease the tension, and I only want to get to know you.''

I got up and started walking up to my tea cup, which was still standing on my table, ''You have been tense this whole evening, and if this one small act of kindness will help you, I am willing to make this sacrifice. Plus, I drink tea, I only drink alcohol when I'm trying to celebrate something.''

''I'm very easy to talk to, so you can go first and ask me a question.'' I said and started walking toward my bookshelf with my cup.

''Well, only because you offered,'' He seemed very confused and followed my every move, ''why are you walking all across the room?''

I had reached my bookshelf, ''Watch closely,'' I started moving the books to the left side, and put my hand behind all the books and pulled out a wine bottle, ''Voila, do you fancy my magic trick?''

''Did you steal this wine?''

''No, why do you say that? But if you ask me, I would say stealing a wine bottle is very unexciting, and I don't see why nobles think stealing a wine bottle is thrilling.''

''What do you think is exciting to steal?'' He looked at me as if I was at my wit's end.

''Pretty sure you may misinterpret this information,'' I started pouring him wine into my tea cup, ''I really enjoy stealing books out of my parents library.''

''Aren't libraries public? Especially if they are in this mansion that you share with your parents,'' He reached out for his cup of wine.

''I also think I should be able to go into the library, but my parents think otherwise,'' I gave him the cup and l lied down on the bed.

''Oh,'' I quickly sat up, looked in his eyes and exhelmed, ''can I talk normally around you?''

He stared me down and said: ''You are behaving adequately.''

''I am sorry, but I just want to act like myself. I think it's the effect of reading all sorts of genres of books,'' I confided about my weird obsession of books, ''But I totally get it if you aren't comfortable.''

He started laughing energetically, no rather, hysterically.  

Pov switch - Cael

She gazed at him with eyes softened by wonder and curiosity.

''Yeah, no,'' I could not believe this woman, she has been imprudent all night, ''why wouldn't you be able to speak freely?''

I had a lot of thoughts on her, but one thing I knew for sure is that she was acting like a child all the time.  It seems that she is feeding into delusions that she reads from her books. I wouldn't be surprised if she couldn't separate reality from the fantasy worlds she reads. I wouldn't say that I despise her, but she isn't my number one option. I hope she can account to something. I could even use her for knowledge. I have no idea how she learned French. And it still surprises me that she sounds fluent, but that just means I could use the situation in my favour.

''If you don't mind,'' I have this opportunity, so I shouldn't waste it, ''It's time for my question.''

I made an effort to look her into the eyes, but she was already looking out the window. Naturally, I was interested what she saw that she couldn't take her eyes off of it.

Oh.

It was just a lark, it seems so small and cuddly, but also bland, if that's even possible. How did a bird make me flustered!? Oh, you should be ashamed.

And within a second, Chizuki stood up and started to walk toward her window.

I softly grabbed her hand and quietly asked: ''Where are you going?''

''Mon amour, I'm not leaving you,'' She carefully took my hand in both of hers and kissed it. I felt a weird feeling in my stomach, which I hope never returns. She smirked in response, she knew what she had done to me. I was blushing and quickly covered my face with my hand.

''Even I understood that one'' I said still hiding this shameless side of me from her.

''What if that was my intention?'' She said spinning on her heel and quickly picked up a pillow and started to make her way toward the window.

I peeked through my fingers and bitterly said to her: ''You are leaving me for a bird?''

''Nope,'' She was already opening the window, ''I would never do that.''

I stood up and walked up to her.

''Are you seriously considering that the bird will just fly into your hands?'' 

''I'm allowed to be happy, plus, I consider him to be my pet.'' 

''Wait, pause,'' I turned her around, ''you know this bird, wait no, let me rephrase, you befriended this bird?''

She waved me away with her hand and spun right back to the window: ''Tu as de beaux yeux, tu sais.''

Now, that was just rude. She has got to be making fun of me. Well, as if she would be much better than me!

''How dare you!''

''Shush,'' She was still looking at the lark, probably, finally spotting him, ''you'll scare him away, and I love how you show your weaknesses.''

This time I gently took her hand in mine and quickly spun her around. I saw the longing in her eyes, but I didn't show my weakness, what is she doing, is she messing with me? I looked her in the eyes and gave her a small smile with a wink.

''Focus on me, won't you?''

''What?''

''My turn for a question,'' I booped her nose with my finger, seeing all of her emotions stirring, ''when did I show my weakness? I don't recall doing that, ma princesse or would you prefer la reine.''

''So, you do know French.'' 

I wrapped my arm around her waist and leaned in to whisper: ''I don't, but can I have this dance?''

''You're overdoing it,'' she said as she lightly lifted up my chin with her finger, ''you don't have to force yourself.''

How did she?

''I just know.'' She caressed my cheek and led me to bed.

Huh, maybe I misjudged her.