Part 7

Jughead- "Betts, are you going to school tomorrow"

Betty sighed and turned away from him

Betty- "I have to but I don't want to"

Jughead- "I'm sorry Betty, but I'll pick you up and we can do whatever you want"

Betty- (smiles) "I'd like that, but what about the rest of today?"

Jughead- "we could go to the drive in, maybe even invite some of your friends"

Betty- "I don't know Jug, Veronica and Cheryl can be really judgemental"

Jughead- "what do they have to judge you on? Me?"

Betty- "not at all Jug, it's living on the southside and getting married right after graduation"

Jughead- "but none of that is your fault, your parent's forced you to do these things"

Betty- "I know but it's still different and weird"

Jughead- "that's okay, we really don't have to. I just want to get to know you and your life"

Betty- "My life sucks Jug, I don't want it to rub off on you"

Jughead- "or maybe having me there would make it better"

Betty- (smiles) "you're right Jug, I'll call Veronica"

She got off the couch and grabbed her phone from the counter before going into the bedroom

(On the phone)

Veronica- "oh my gosh Betty! We haven't heard from you in days"

Betty- (smiles) "hey Ve, sorry I've just been a little bit busy but I was wondering if you wanted to go to the drive-in tonight"

Veronica- "I'd love too Betty, do you want to invite Cheryl and Toni too?"

Betty- "if that's okay, and I'm bring a new.. friend? I guess"

Veronica- "okay? Sure I'll call them"

Betty- "thanks Ve, you're amazing and I promise that I'll explain everything later"

Veronica- "I'm just happy we're hanging out, we haven't done that in a while. Maybe even a classic sleepover?"

Betty- "sure, but can we do it at your place? My uh mom wouldn't be happy"

Veronica- "sure, I'll see you tonight"

Betty- (smiles) "yeah"

(Off the phone)

She went back out to the living room and curled up beside Jughead

Jughead- "so? How was that?"

Betty- "fine, but is it okay if I sleep at Veronica's tonight"

Jughead- (chuckles) "Betts, you don't have to ask for permission"

Betty- "I know, I was just making sure you wouldn't miss me too much"

Jughead- "in your dreams Cooper"

She smiled at him as she laid her head on his chest

Jughead- "will you be okay?"

Betty- "yeah, we used to do it all the time until we got "too old" for it"

Jughead- "I get it, and I trust you not to talk shit about me"

Betty- (shrugs) "we'll see"

Jughead- "hey! I'm a great.. friend? Boyfriend? How do you want to describe me?"

Betty- "I think boyfriend works for now"

Jughead- "that reminds me, I know we've known each other for less than forty eight hours but would you consider giving us an actual try?"

Betty- (blushes) "w-what are you saying?"

Jughead- "I'm asking if you, Betty Cooper. Would be my girlfriend? My official girlfriend"