~Prologue~

"¡Oye, discúlpate!" (Hey, excuse me!) Juana yelped as someone rushed past her, shoving her into a wall by accident. "I fucking hate this party, this sucks!" She shouted while pushing through the crowd, attempting to find her friends. After sifting through the sea of drunk teenagers, she got her hands on one of them. She grabbed his arm and started pulling him with her. "¡Me quiero ir, Ramón!" (I want to go, Ramon!)

"I know you want to leave, but no one else is ready!" Ramon pulled away from her grasp. "What's wrong with you? You love parties. You suggested we come here in the first place."

"Actually, asshole. I asked Tilín to hang with me tonight and you and Bobby insisted on coming along." Juana crossed her arms and shot Ramon a harsh glare. "Where is Tilín anyway? I really wanted to see them tonight."

"I don't know?" Ramon looked around. "They could be anywhere, probably trying to get another drink."

"Bobby better be with them. I swear if Tilín is drunk, by themself, I will fucking lose it." Juana ditched Ramon again and shoved her way to the kitchen where the drinks were kept. She let out a sigh of relief when she saw Bobby and Tilín sitting at the table, participating in cards. "¡Oye, fui al baño y me dejaste!" (Hey, I went to the bathroom and you left me!)

"¡Lo siento, no seas un bebé!" (I'm sorry, don't be a baby!) Tilín teased and put down a card. "¿Quieres jugar un juego?" (Do you want to play a game?)

"¡No, perra, quiero estar a solas contigo!" (No, bitch, I want to be alone with you!) Juana had a short fuse most of the time, but tonight was even worse. She knew tonight was probably the last time she would see her best friend.

"¡¿Cual es el problema?!" (What is the problem?!) Tilín rolled their eyes before throwing down another card.

"What are they saying?" One guy whispered to another.

"Don't know, but they sound angry..."

"Which one would win in a fight?"

"Definitely the scrawny brunette, she looks like a serial killer."

"We speak English too, dumbass." Tilín hissed at the boys before turning her attention back to Juana. "I'm sorry, I just want to play cards...What's the issue?"

Juana let out a dramatic sigh before walking towards the sliding glass door. It led out into the backyard. It was fairly chilly outside, being the middle of October. Not many people were out there. "¡Encuéntrame afuera, por favor!" (Meet me outside, please!)

"Ugh...I'm sorry, I've got to deal with her..." Tilín stood up from the table. "Bobby, ve a encender el auto." (Bobby, go start the car)

"¿En serio?" (Seriously?)

"Sí, Juana es ser extraño." (Yes, Juana is being strange.) Tilín headed out to the backyard and met Juana under a tree, where she sat, sulking. "¿Estás bien?" (Are you okay?)

Juana pulled her knees up to her chest and shook her head. She couldn't put into words how she was feeling, so she didn't even try.

Tilín had been through many hard times with Juana, they knew how to handle it. "¿Español o inglés?" (Spanish or English?)

"English, there's not many people out here anyway..." Juana rubbed her face and cleared her throat. "I'm sorry for being weird, I just really wanted to hang out with you tonight. Just us."

"But we usually all hang out together?" Tilín took a seat next to her.

"I know, but I wanted it to be just us tonight..." Juana cared about Tilín more than anyone. She wouldn't feel right running away without telling Tilín a vital piece of information. Something to make her feel accomplished before she ran away like a coward.

"I'm sorry...but, we're alone now..." Tilín smiled.

"Right..." Juana shifted around uncomfortably. "Tilín...I really need to get something off my chest."

"Yes?" Tilín looked ready to listen to anything. They cared about Juana too. They were one of few people that could handle Juana's emotions.

"You know, we've been friends for awhile now..." Juana started, turning red from embarrassment. "I just need to tell you."

Tilín stared in horror, their jaw on the ground. "¡¿Te ​​gusto románticamente?!" (Do you like me romantically?!)

"No! I was going to tell you I'm transgender!" Juana burst into laughter from the shock on Tilín's face.

"Why would I care, Juana?! You had me thinking it was something else." Tilín shoved Juana over onto the grass.

"Hey, don't push me!" Juana quickly got on Tilín, playfully wrestling them, pinning them to the ground. "I could beat your ass if we weren't friends!"

"Okay, okay! ¡Detener!" (Stop!) Tilín giggled before being freed. "You're loco en la cabeza..." (You're crazy in the head...)

"I've got to be, that's how you survive."