Baby's First Innit

TW// Domestic violence

"Perdóname" (Pardon me) Juana said to a stuffed skunk as she accidentally bumped it with the broom.

"You're doing a great job, just remember to sweep under everything." Wilbur spoke to her gently while walking by with a customer.

"Of course..." Juana continued to sweep, and continued to ignore the underside of everything. Being around all these dead animals was starting to make her vegan heart uncomfortable. Wilbur had assured her they all died of natural causes, but she still felt sick.

"Excuse me, do you know where Wilbur is?" Someone asked Juana as they crossed paths.

"Oh, he just went that way, with a customer." Juana pointed.

"Oh...best not interrupt him then." He shrugged. "You're new I guess?"

"Yes, I'm the janitor." Juana said without pride.

"Oh sick, what's your name?"

"Juana, I'm not from here. I'm from Quesadilla Island." Juana told him.

"Really? That's fucking cool! I bet the dragon is beautiful at night, innit?"

"Yes! The eyes light up, and the scales are illuminated by the lights in town. During Christmas, they put Christmas lights on the dragon! Sorry if I'm going on, I miss that dragon." Juana apologized with an uneasy laugh.

"Oh, no worries mi amiga!" (Oh, no worries my friend.)

Juana rolled her eyes with a smile. "Another white boy speaking Spanish to me, delightful!"

"Oh shit– it's not like offensive is it?" He looked genuinely horrified.

"No, no! I'm joking. I love when people give Spanish a try. Since leaving Quesadilla Island, I don't get to have full conversations in Spanish anymore. I'll settle for anything."

"Oh, well that bloody sucks mate. I have a friend that is trying really hard to learn Spanish right now. Maybe you can hang out with her, and teach her some stuff?" The boy suggested.

Juana shrugged timidly. She could use a new friend or two. Maybe it would make her miss her old ones less. "Maybe?"

"I can give you her Instagram so you can contact her?"

"Sure, that's fine."

The boy grabbed a sticky note and pen off of Wilbur's counter. He wrote down his and his friend's usernames before handing it to Juana. "Here, mine and hers...I'm going to go find Wilbur, that bitch promised to take me for ice cream." He ran off.

Juana raised a curious brow and looked at the paper.

Tommy_Innit_Mate

DristaXP

"No pueden reemplazar a Tilín." (They cannot replace Tilín.) Juana whispered to herself.

-

"So, am I free to do as I want after the cleaning is done each day?" Juana asked while sitting at the dinner table with Wilbur and Tallulah.

"Sure. Just ask me if you can leave early." Wilbur poured some gravy over his mashed potatoes. "Tallu, you not feeling hungry?"

"Uh...just not in a potato mood." Tallulah played with her mashed potatoes.

"I'm sorry, well at least eat the chicken." Wilbur insisted.

"I will..." Tallulah took her time eating. She had a lot on her mind.