Chapter 4

I hope you all enjoy be sure to like and comment because it helps and I enjoy reading them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cleo's POV

It's been a few weeks since Crystal was born and to say the past few weeks have been stressful is an understatement

It's been a few weeks since Crystal was born and to say the past few weeks have been stressful is an understatement. I decided to postpone my parents' meeting with their new grandchild since last time it didn't go so well and they aren't the warmest of people. Henry and Iris were still staying with us to help out.

*crying*

Cleo: Oh no.

Sky and Ivy got sick last week so they had to be separated from the others so for the meantime they were quarantined in the nursery. Crystal was in our bedroom with Jade since we thought it would be best that both of them avoid contact with the other children and I think both of them were getting a little restless. Plus with Jade's hormones all over the place, it wasn't helping. I made it to the nursery and both girls were crying.

Cleo: Hey it's ok. What's the matter?

Both of them were screaming and crying which isn't unusual. They have been like this all week. I noticed they were a little sweaty so I checked their temperatures and both of their fevers had gone down to ninety nine which is still a little high, so I'll give them some Tylenol. I picked them up and held them close.

Cleo: I'll tell you girls what we'll do. We'll take a nice bath to get you all clean then put you in some nice clothes. Will that make you two feel better?

They had both calmed down a little, but Sky was pointing and looking at (y/n)'s crib.

Cleo: You two miss your brother, don't you?

Since they got sick (y/n) has been staying in Henry and Iris' room. Their eyes filled with hope just at the mention of their brother.

Cleo: I'm sorry girls you still can't see him. I want your fevers to break first.

They were starting to cry again.

Cleo: Please don't cry, it's for the best. You don't want him to get sick right?

They both stopped crying.

Cleo: Wow, that easy. Ok, I'll get you girls ready for your bath. I put them back into their cribs for just a moment so I could go get the bath ready. Once I got the bath to the right temperature I went to get the girls when I heard.

*Giggling*

My body was filled with happiness and joy from the sound of my baby boy laughing, but it faded as I realized that I had barely spent any time with him. During this week he's basically been raised by his grandparents. I know I should be relieved that we have the help and that he's being so good, but it felt like I was failing him as a mother just like how SHE did and I couldn't even imagine what Jade was going through right now basically being cooped up in our room with the baby. I'm worried she might be a little depressed. I had to get the girls in the bath first.