Crutches

Listening to a track mix, Kelsey scrolled through her twitter timeline. She came across a tweet made by one of her most favorite people, Alex Ramos. It read just, "Hey" in which Kelsey replied, "HEY ALEX". His tweets always reminded her what a great person he is. She remember that once she was crying and Courtney told her to re-watch some of his vines. As she did so, her tears turned from sad tears to laughing tears. Her smile was huge while watching Alex push an airplane's toilet flush button and pretending to get sucked into it.

Mayday Parade's song "Miserable at Best" came on and Kelsey just took a moment to listen to it. She remembered how once, when she was about to take a blade to her wrist, this song came on and she knew she couldn't hurt herself after what this band taught her. Mayday Parade helped Kelsey understand that she's not the only one that has gone through what she going through now. They literally sing about what exactly happens throughout her life, showing her that she can get past her troubles.

Like Kelsey, Bea had people that helped her through troubling times. The boy band, One Direction, is one if the few people that Bea can say that she truly loves. 'The boys' as she calls them, have done so much for Bea. She would even go as far as saying that they saved her life. At a time when Bea was contemplating ending her own life, an old song by them, one that really spoke to her, came on. Bea dropped her handful of her mother's sleeping pills and began sobbing over the song that soon became so magnificent to her. Bea was so close to overdosing on those sleeping pills that night. And without the boys, she wouldn't be alive today.

Other people have also inspired Bea throughout her life. Former lead singer of the band My Chemical Romance, Gerard Way, made Bea believe that if you try your hardest to make your dreams and wishes come true, they can. Gerard was the bullied kid in school that just sat in the back of the room and drew. He then grew up to create his dream band and publish his first comic book, The Umbrella Company. Bea looks at herself as very similar to Gerard. She is bullied in school but also has dreams of her own that she hopes will succeed in the future.

Kelsey, with her earphones in, got out of her car and walked to her classroom. She looked down at her outfit again and thought, "Wow, I actually do dress really 'emo'."She then thought as if everyone was staring at her, judging how she may look emo and/or lesbian. Not that there was anything wrong with being emo or lesbian in her mind, but her school was full of stereotypical and mean people. She tried to avoid thinking about what direction people were looking by looking down as she walked. At that moment, a Falling in Reverse song played. She remembered how this band honestly doesn't care about anyone's opinions anymore. She remembered how once the lead singer, Ronnie Radke, posted a photo that read, "First they hate, then they copy" which reminded her of the day she almost wore a choker. Thinking people would call her goth she took the choker off, though now she sees the girliest of girls wear them. Kelsey then remembered all the chances to make friends or the chances to be herself that she missed out on because she cared so much about what other people would assume about her.

Just as Kelsey was teased at by others, so was Bea. She was teased by family, classmates, and even her own mother. Like Kelsey, she would be called emo and goth because of her love of the color black and her music taste. Her mother would tease her about her body figure and weight, while other members of her family would talk about her hair. Though, unlike her friend inspired by Falling In Reverse, Bea did care what others thought about her. She tried many times to ignore what people said and keep her head held high, but it was no use.

Bea did tell Kelsey about her troubles and Kelsey would try her hardest to help Bea not become sad. Kelsey, barely able to keep herself happy, usually couldn't cheer her friends up. She would continuously tell Bea to ignore what bothers her and just do what she likes to do; from listening to music to drawing or even just taking a nap. But deep down, Kelsey knew Bea couldn't just be happy. She couldn't just ignore what she constantly hears. Kelsey couldn't do that herself. Though, there is that constant reminder for you to keep living. So, Kelsey just reminds Bea that she still has to hear the new music that comes out, that she still has to go to that One Direction concert she got tickets for, that she still has to meet Kelsey. Kelsey remembered that whenever she felt that she needed to die, she also reminded herself of the concerts she has to go to and her amazing friends that she still has to meet.

This is what cheered Bea up the most out of anything. When she was sad, all she'd have to do was message Kelsey and she'd give her a list of reasons not to harm herself or do something she'd regret. Kelsey was a person that Bea held close to heart. Whenever she complained about someone being rude to her, Bea would get angry. When Kelsey was sad, Bea would do everything in her power to make her happy. She would tell her things like "You're all I have" and "Who would i make plans to meet with if you werent here?" Bea would play out the things that Kelsey's done for her and she'd begin to smile and tears formed in her eyes. These things were the things that kept these girls living and breathing every day. They were what gave them the courage to wake up every morning, and what made them stronger and stronger day by day, slowly healing them. These things were the girls' crutches, these things held them up when they were hurt, and they didnt know where they would be without them.