Nightmares

Jamie Drysdale x reader

All her life, Lexi has suffered from nightmares. She never I understood why she had them, she just had them. For a long time, nothing could calm her down. That was until she met Jamie.
mentions of swearing

Lexi's POV

I was being chased again. FUCK. He had a knife. I hit a dead end. He was getting closer. I felt my breath hitch, staying silent. He was close again, almost stabbing me.

I woke up to see Jamie's concerned face.

Jamie's POV

I woke up and checked the clock. It was 3:00am. I heard Lexi whimpering from her spit in the bed. She was having a nightmare. Fuck, Thai one seemed bad. I began slowly trying to wake her up, but it wasn't working. I shook her a little harder, her gasping awake. She sat up, tears strolling down her face as she began breathing heavier. She was sobbing uncontrollably.

I grabbed her, pulling her close to me. I hugged her into me, her clinging back to me. I began trying to comfort her, rubbing her back softly. "Breathe baby, you're going to make yourself sick". She took a few deep breaths, just staying close to me. She moved so she was sat on my lap. Her back was rested against my chest, our legs intertwined. Her breathing had slowly began going back to normal, her hiccuping occasionally. Her head was leaned back, tucked into my neck. I would occasionally give her a soft kiss on the head or cheek, reassuring her that she was ok and it was all just a dream. About 10 minutes later, she was asleep. Her breathing even now.

I laid us down, her laying on top of me with her head on my chest. Everything was ok now.

A/n
Sorry the past few chapters have been kinda short, the topics just aren't super long. My next few should be longer though.