chapter two

The nexy day went by like a blur.I guess looking for a job in The big apple was really hard.I only have a college diploma in historic artifact  and no one wants to give a job to someone that dedicated her life to things that are either ancient or non-existant or artifacts that people know about but never seen before.

As I enter the last place on my list,Dominingo's pizza, this would be my last hope I thought to myself.As I entered the pizza place, a burst of cheese, spices, garlic and many other flavours and smells that smelt so good,I couldn't explain it.

The restaurant was packed waiters were running upland done with the most amazing pizza. The smell reminded me of my second foster mothers cooking,she was the best cook ever, she was shorter than me and her husband, she was greyer than him too and friendlier than micheal her husband.

He had a big reddish beard i loved playing with it, reminded me of candy floss,I know it sounds weird but did looked like candy floss,well in this case not the pink or the blue one but the copper blond one(like I said weird I know).She would cook diferent kind of foods from all over the world, but her spaghetti and meatballs were the best.

I know that the sentence is in past tense but they died before I turned 16.Then it was again back to my dead-beat dad and striper mom, the system never really cared about me, if one person in the place were I used to live called,then the cops would just take me and send me to Mrs vernovskie, I never liked that women, she always had a grey silver suit on, with her pitch black hair in a bun right in the middle of her head and that big ass mole at the side of her mouth I could never really listen to her.

Whenever she spoke to me in her office, about my new foster parents. I would concentrate on it so hard that I would imagine it jumping off her face and on mine and into my mouth, just thinking about it brought me back to  reality.The guy behind the counter had black thick hair with light brown eyes, he looked tired with black circles around his eyes he looked older than me by a few years.

I asked for the manager Jossie.A few minutes later a well built bold guy came out of the back,he looked between his late thirties and early forties. He had a scowl on his face,or was it a look of irritation.

"Im jossie who's askin"he had a thick italian accent. The silver chain around his neck had a pendant of mother Theresa on it,a couple of rings in his left hand fingers with a white apron in the front.
''Can I help you''he stared at me with a scowl on his face,but through the scowl I could see a look of wonder.Smirking to myself while speaking.

"Im Annie-lee im here for the waitering job"he nodded his head in a yes manner and  spoke.

"You got a reseme"putting his hands on his hip. Taking out my resume  and handing it to him,I braced myself for what followed. He scanned the reseme,all of the other places I went for interviews screamed at me"are you kidding me" or "really" or "what the hell does this even mean" but the best one was-not the sarcasum- "get the hell out of my face" that people is or was some illiterate people that didn't know what was archeology.I wouldn't be surprised by whatever he says to me,every single time I would go to a restaurant or even cafés with a smile and positive attitude but would come crying out.
"You don't have qualifications...so why you wasting my time Le verme"his voice holds humour,but has restrains of anger.

"well,ahh..."
"well,ahh...what.?
"the cats got your tongue"

I just stared at him,the interviews in the past few weeks was not like this.
Two minutes into the interview I would be coming out crying.

But this,this was a big surprise to me.
I didn't know how to answer him,or what to even say.

"I know,but I really need this opertunity to show you I can work here...please"

He look at me long and hard,and then just walked away. I was stunned,I didn't know if I had to leave.
I was frozen in place.

He stopped at a door behind the kitchen, and looked over his shoulder.

Directing his eyes at me.
"you want this job,or what?"

Without saying anything I followed him to the door.