Chapter8

You were right. According to Awandes statues they are at Cuba Lounge. Says Emihle currently sited in front. She is very lucky, while l am stuck at the back with Jessica on top of me.

Next time l call debs on the front sit! Carmen shouts so loudly that even the drive sends her side glare.

I call debs on the time after that. Sisipho quickly adds after her, and l am completely blown away by their lack of faith.

What do you mean Sisipho? We are only going to make one trip after this one which is going back to the house. There are no debs after that. Everything is going to go according to plan, its a very simple plan, I mean what could possibly go wrong?

Ahhh, you werent supposed to say that! Raven nudges me on my left, It only brings bad luck.

Your being dramatic, nothing is going to happen, l try reassuring her.

Jessica will you please stop fiddling around, youre not a light weight as you think. Not listening to my request she shits further down, her dress digging into my thigh, as she pats herself all over. Without much though into it I hit her twice on the back hoping to get her to stop.

The painful sound of my hand making contact with her back is followed by silence.

Aww- l cant fi- my phone bag, she say.

What? Carmen asks, like the rest of us not understanding what she is saying.

Phone, she say slowly trying very hard to articulate her words, l cant find my phone.

What do you mean you cant find your phone? Did you check your bag properly? Raven asks, l clearly hear it in her voice, it is as if she is daring her not to say anything other than no.

Uhmm What purse?

What! Jessica, where is your bag? l ask. We really dont need this right now.

Ahhaha, youre drunk, Megan says and then continues to laugh hysterically.

For Fucks sacks Jessy what were you thinking? Emihle asks her but she doesnt reply, her mind probably somewhere else.

Fuck, she must have left it somewhere.

Wait, lm checking find my iPhone, hopefully its still on. Carmen says trying to open her bag, struggling. Sisipho who is on top of her shifts forward to give her more space.

Impatiently, we all wait in silence while Jessica and Magen are speaking gibberish, involved in what seems to be an intense conversation.

Wellits moving but at a slow pace. According to this- its in KwaMashu? Carmen finally gives a response.

Aww, someone s-stole pone for first time, Jessica says sounding deeply touched.

What are we going to do, we dont have enough money to go get her bag; then go around town chasing after Michael and still somehow make it back home? Raven asks raising a serious point and a moment of silence follows.

When no one says anything l look at them absolutely propelled, Why are you guys quiet, were obviously picking Michael. Jessica can always get a new phone but there is no way Michael can un-see that text message.

AHHH! Phone!! I cant live without my phone how am l going to talk to Brebre. And my SC, what if that person used my SC and become me. Nooo, l dont want two mes, l like me, she begins wailing.

Jess has a point and you know it. We have to go after her phone. At this moment l really want to bring up the fact that the only reason we are in this predicament is because of her in the first place.