Chapter 1

"l still can't believe you have siblings." Says Jessica while rechecking her make-up in the mirror for the sixth time.

"And l can't believe you guys are still stuck on that", l say rolling my eyes and trying to think about something else we could talk about.

"Jessica's right, we have all known each other for about three years and never have l ever heard you talking about any siblings", Megan adds while she places her suitcase in mom's car.

"Where you hiding them from us the whole time, or where you hiding us...?" Sisipho says and we all turned to look at her. Even though l have known her for a long time her weirdness still surprises me sometimes, though l do blame it on all those books she reads.

"You do realise that we know that you and Emihle have had knowledge about this for a long time?"

"Umm you know l don't like you right", Sisipho says narrowing her eyes at Raven. She was probably hoping to exclude herself from this situation.

"And you Taylor have not yet told us who your sibling is", Carmen says drawing all attention back to me. Luckily for me my father comes to the rescue.

"Come on kids, let's be sited. I expect us to arrive in Cape Town by 11 a.m".
We divide ourselves between the two cars and our journey begins.

We are currently on our way to Cape Town. There we are going to meet up with my siblings and their friends then we will all take a flight to Durban where we will be spending the weekend.

My siblings and their friends left yesterday which was Thursday. We are going to Durban to celebrate their eighteenth birthday. Since my parents won't be sending the weekend with them, they decided it would be best if l also came in hopes that my presence would keep them in check.

I of course agreed to go after negotiating a certain amount and after it was agreed that l could invite my friends.

My the twins where of course not happy but my presence was the only way they could go. I must confess, I am surprised that my parents even allowed this after the School Opening party they threw two weeks back. My friends where very shocked to receive an invitation since most of them didn't even know that l have siblings.

It's not that l am ashamed or embarrassed of my siblings, it's just that in the eighth grade l did not want the attention that came with being related to them and of course we remained unrelated. Also because ever since we where children, when ever anyone would ask us if we where related we would always deny it, claiming to be strangers; cousins or in their case just siblings -not that they look alike or anything.

Our group consists of Jessica, the wild one (in everyway); Emihle the tough and scary one; Raven the badass; Sisipho the book worm; Carmen the lover; Megan the silent one and of course me the complainer ( not me but everyone says l am).

After an hour or so of playing candy crush, l switch off my phone and stare at the passing scenery. With the sound of the tyres moving on the road, my eyes slowly begin to close and l finally fall asleep.

The feeling of someone pinching me on my shoulders joltes me awake.
I turn to my right and Raven is still pinching me and l slap her hands away. "What the fuck is your problem bitch?"

"Honey, am hearing correctly or did you just use foul language?", my dad asks from the front and l glare daggers in Raven's direction.

"Sorry dad, just woke up confused that's all. It just slipped". l say in the sweetest voice l can, but not too sweet. Between my parents my dad is the easiest to manipulate.

"Why'd you pinch me?", l wispher to her.

"Because we are here and l didn't want you to miss the beautiful scenery, besides you where the only one asleep".