39.

"Open the door Nandini.."he knocked at the door once again. "..what's with this childish act..come out yaar.."

"No I am not coming out.."Nandini replied like a stubborn child. "..no matter what you say or do.."

"Why are you acting so stubborn Nandini.."Manik was helpless now. "..just come out love..please.."

"No I won't.."Nandini answered. "..do you ever listen to me..then why should I listen to you..I am not coming out and that's final.."

"What is this yaar Nandini.."Manik knocked at the door once again. "..I haven't seen you properly since morning love..please come out or open the door and let me in.."

"No I am not doing either of that.."though Nandini's answer was still in negative but her voice had toned down a little which didn't go unnoticed by Manik. "..love I know you are upset with me..but I also know you are missing me..so open the door and come out..if you are angry take it out on me but don't cut me out like that.."

"Now you are emotionally blackmailing me.."Nandini accused which made Manik smile. "..whatever works my love..but even you know I meant every word that I just said.."

Nandini didn't reply back which made Manik restless. "Nandini..please open the door love..I have already spent the entire day away from you..and it's just getting impossible for me to spend another moment without seeing your face.."

Her heart skipped a beat at his words. "..love..please open the door and I promise I would do whatever you would ask me.."

"You promise.."Nandini spoke to low but Manik could hear it. "I promise..just come out please.."

Signing Nandini shook her head and unlocking the door opened it only to find Manik standing on the other side of the door.

His expression changed instantly as soon as her face came in his view. His heart fluttered and his breathe became normal as soon as she stepped out of the room. He was feeling as if he was choking but now finally he had got breathe of fresh air to hold onto.

Nandini was about to say something but she couldn't as her words were struck in her throat because of the way that Manik was looking at her.

"Nandini.."was all he could whispered as he took several steps towards her only to rest his forehead against her while he closed his eyes as well "..I missed you love..."his words made her sigh as well making her close her eyes in return. "I missed you so much.." and without letting her speak he simply pulled her into his embrace...

..and much to Nandini's surprise she went their willingly..rather happily as if it was her most favourite place in the world.

They didn't say anything for a while while they continue to be in each other embrace.

"Don't act so sweet Manik.."Nandini finally spoke while she continued to be in his arms contently. "..you are just not playing fair...I can't be mad at you if you behave like this..and you know that too.."

Manik smiled as he held her more closely and planted a kiss on top of her head. "..I can't promise anything that I know I won't be able to fulfil..because when it comes to you..there is no boundaries I won't cross just to keep you with me..and I know even you know this as well.."

"..after all..everything is fair in love and war right.."

Still being in his embrace she tilted her head back a little just so that she could see his face. "..so now we are at war.."

"In order to be in love with you even if I have to be at war with the rest of the world..I won't mind at all.."his words made her frown. "..what does that suppose to mean.."

"..it's simple...it means.."looking deeply into her eyes he spoke the words that made her heart skip a beat and then race up at a faster pace. "..I love you Nandini.."

"I love you very very much.."

She smiled as she looked down but not before saying "Cheater..how can I be mad at you now.." and pouted too cutely making him smile. "You don't fight fair.."

"Never said I did.."he tugged a strand of her behind her ears. "..especially when it concerns you.."

"I am still mad at you.."Nandini tried to divert the topic as she could feel her internal desire were on the verge of breaking free. "..what am I going to say to chacha chachi...aiyappaa...they would be so worried..I wasn't home even last night.."

"They know you are at Mukti's place..working on the same project you were working last night.."his words made her blush as she instantly understood what "project" Manik was referring to.

"There will be no more "project" till we sort out all the issues between us..Manik..Sir.."finally Nandini walked back several steps creating a decent between them much to Manik's chargin. "I hope you remember that.."

"Of course I do.."Manik smiled a sarcastic smile. "How can I forget your "clause" that you literally slapped on my face this morning.."

"It's good that you remember...I don't like to repeat myself over and over again.."Nandini shrugged casually to which Manik replied "..thanks to your aiyappaa I am not that stupid.."

"Yeah that I agree.."Nandini's words made him smile. "..so tell me Mr. Manik Malhotra..since you and I are not going to work on any "project" any time soon..then what the hell am I doing here.."

"You are here because I have a proposition for you.."his words caught her attention. "Proposition??"she frowned. "..what kind of propostion.."

"You want to know everything about me right.."Manik took a step towards her as she nodded her head in positive "..yes.."

"..then why don't you get the answers all by yourself.."he said to which Nandini questioned. "..and how the hell am I supposed to do that.."

"Easy.."Manik finally said those words out loud that simply swept the floor beneath her..

"..by moving in with me.."

------------------------------------------------------------------