41.

"Chachi..thank you so much.."Manik wiped his mouth with the towel that Shanno gave him. "..that was delicious.."

Venkatesh eyes widened in shock while Nandini didn't reacted at all. However Shanno was way to busy with her sona munda to notice anything. "..really beta..you actually liked it.."

"Liked it..No Chachi..."Manik shook his head. "I simply loved it Chachi..actually I am still surprised why haven't you applied for MasterChef till now..you could win that in blink of your eye..you are that brilliant.."

Venkatesh couldn't resist as he whispered to Nandini. "This guy is actually unbelievable..not only did he eat whatever Shanno made but now he is asking her to unleash her terror of experimental cooking on rest of the world..aiyappaa..please save us all.."

Had Nandini been in her senses she would have enjoyed the moment too but right now she was too shocked to react or even say anything about the events that she was witnessing right in front of her eyes.

"Arey Nandu.."Venkatash shook her slightly breaking her stance and bringing her back to the real world. "..you okay bachcha.."

"Huh.."Nandini immediately controlled her expressions. "..haan chacha..actually I am a bit tired at the moment..can I go to my room.."

"What about dinner.."Venkatesh pointed out. "..you have hardly eaten anything." to which Nandini replied "..chacha I was getting late na that's why I already eat while coming back.."

"Oh..achcha.."Venkatesh nodded. "..but you okay na.."

"Yes chacha I am fine.."Nandini smiled. "..I am just tired..I just need some sleep.."

"Okay..then go to your room and take rest.."Venkatesh caressed her hair. "..waise bhi only aiyappaa knows how long this melodrama of your chachi and her sona munda would last.." he shook his head in disbelief as both of them once again turned to look at Shanno and Manik who were busy in their own world.

"..chacha..where the hell did Chachi meet this guy.."Nandini couldn't held back any longer. "..and honestly how can you allow any stranger to have dinner with us like this.."

"..he isn't a stranger Nandini.."Venkatesh words caught her attention making her look back at her chacha "..what do you mean by "he isn't a stranger" chacha ji..didnt Chachi just met him..today.."

"Arey no beta.."Venkatesh words were giving her back to back shocks. "..Shanno knows Manik...pretty much from the time you went to give interview in Malhotra Industries.."

"What.."Nandini eyes widened in horror "..you mean..you and chachi know Manik from past couple of weeks.."

"Of course nandu..do you really think that I would let any stranger into my house like that only.."Venkatesh smiled making Nandini feel guilty. "..chacha ji..I didn't mean that..of course you won't let any more in if you didn't trust him..but it's just..I am just little take back as I didn't knew anything about this.."

"I get that beta.."Venkatesh nodded. "..but Manik is actually a very decent guy..though he has a horribly weird food preference because of which he somehow loves your chachi's weird dishes..I have to say Manik has guts.."

Finally Nandini smiled too. "..yeah that he has..can't deny on that.."

"Anyways..you go to your room..and take rest.."Venkatesh patted her hair making Nandini smile. "..good night chachu.." to which Venkatesh replied. "Good night beta.."

"..arey nandu where are you going.." finally Shanno noticed Nandini as she got up from the seat. "..and you didn't even eat too..you didn't like it.."

"Nothing like that chachi.."Nandini smiled as she walked towards then paying her whole attention to Shanno and completely ignoring Manik. "..I had chinese take out at work..that's why i am full..but what ever I tasted it was delicious.."she hugged Shanno making her smile and kissing Shanno's cheek continued. "..thank you for working so hard to prepare all this.."

"Aww mera bachcha.."Shanno hugged her back once again. "..now go and take rest..and if you feel hungry do let me know..I will cook something which is your favourite..okay.."

"Thank you chachi.."Nandini smiled making Shanno smile as well "..you are the best.."

"I know.."Shanno words made all three of them smile even more.

"Good night..chachi.."saying this Nandini walked out of the room without paying any heeds to Manik even a bit.

She knew she was playing with fire but at that time she just didn't care as she was too angry at Manik at the moment.

He was becoming like a puzzle that no matter how hard she tries to solve it in return ends up becoming even more complicated.

She wanted to bang her door too loudly but unfortunately she couldn't as she can't let Shanno and Venkatash getting suspicious of her..even a bit.

So walking inside her room she simply lock it and walking towards the bed she sat on the edge of it and covered her face with her hands. "Aiyappaa..what the hell is this guy upto.."

"..Manik Malhotra..you are Crazy.." she shook her head as she sighed. "..and you are driving me crazy too.."

She was about to flop back on the bed on her back but before she could do anything like that she heard someone knocking her door.

"..aiyappa..who is it now.." Nandini frowned as she got up from the bed.

She unlocked the door and opened it but there was no one. She stepped out of the room and took several steps towards the stairs but when she found no one there also she sighed. " I think I have misheard it.."

Shaking her head she got back into her room and unlock it one more time. But the moment she did she found herself pinned against the wall..

..and got only few seconds to look into those piercing grey eyes before her lips were coveted by someone..

..MANIK.

-----------------------------------------------------------------