24.

Trust is the first step in love.

~~~
~~~
~~~

"Nandini..we are here.."Manik's velvety voice suddenly brought Nandini out of her thoughts on which she had been dwelling pretty much from the time they left the fashion show.

She looked up only to find that Manik stopped the car just in front of her house.

"You said we are friends right.."Nandini asked out of nowhere which startled Manik for a moment but he didn't let his anxiousness come out in the open so he simply nodded. "..Yes.."

"Well then I have a request.."Nandini's words made Manik frown. "..and that is.."

"Stop treating me differently.."Nandini pointed out. "..and that includes giving me special privileges...if you seriously want me to be your friend then you got to treat me normally.."

Manik realised exactly what Nandini was referring to but the question was how much did she know. "..what do you mean Nandini..what special privileges are you talking about.." Manik feigned innocence.

"..seriously you are asking this.."Nandini raised her eyebrows.

"..seriously.."Manik kept a straight face though deep down he was somehow enjoying this moment as his entire life he had been the one to intimidate other people..but today..for the very first time..someone else was trying to scare him.

HOW CUTE WAS THAT!!!

WEIRD..

..BUT TRUE.

The way her eyes danced when she is doing her best to confront him..

..Man..

..can someone look any more beautiful than her at the very moment.

NOPE..

NOT POSSIBLE.

Though he was anything but scared but knowing that she would be disappointed if she knew her threat was indeed the best entertainment of him life..and it was doing nothing but amusing him..

..he chose to keep quiet only to continue with the pretence.

So he spoke. "..Nandini..I have no idea..what you are referring to..please elaborate.."

"You sent me a car to pick me and drop me from my house...when clearly other employees aren't getting this facility..

I have access not only to the private elevators but also the part of the chamber that is only for your private access.

You literally drowned your ex girlfriend in suits and cases just because she insults me in broad day light.

You give Mukti and Abhimanyu a raise just because they defended me.

You were about to fire Aryaman just because he let Alia in.

You asked me out on this fashion show.