50.

."..take this.."he extended an aspirin along with a glass of water in front of her. "..you will feel better.."

"..thanks.."her voice was nothing more than a whisper as she took the glass and aspirin from him. "..for how long was I unconscious
.." she asked as she gulped it down.

"..enough to drive me crazy.."he tucked strand of her hair behind her ears. "..I was so damn worried when I found you all unconscious..it simply took my soul away when Aryaman found you like that.."

"..what about Amms.."she held his hands. "...

He immediately hugged her as he calmed her down. "..don't worry no one was harm..everyone was taken out safely before the explosion took place.."

Nandini hold on Manik tightened as she begin to panic buyond measures "..Manik..what's happening..who did all this..who hates me to this extent that they won't even think twice before harming an innocent life..who can be so cruel..why me Manik..why me.."

"Nothing and no-one can harm you as long as I am with you.."Manik promised her. "..and it's not your fault...it's mine.."

"What.."she broke the hug as she looked at him. "..what are you saying..what all of this had anything to do with you.."

"It has every thing to do with me Nandini.."he looked at her with guilt filled eyes. "..everything.."

"What do you mean.."she frowned as she tried her best to comprehend the meaning of his words.

"You remember this.."Manik pulled out the small piece of paper and placed it on her palm. Nandini looked at it and instantly her expression changed as she realised exactly what Manik was referring to. "..you mean.."

Manik simply nodded. "..my past did came to haunt you Nandini..despite of my efforts my past ended up crossing my present and is threatening to destroy my future.." he looked at her. "..you were right..I should have told you everything about everything..but I was scared that after knowing the truth you might not want to be a part of my life..however I forget that a lie no matter how beautifully fabricated it is..one day it has to come to an end..so that's why I have chosen to stick with the truth and bear the consequences no matter what it is.."

Nandini didn't say a word so Manik continued. "..my past is trying to ruin my present..and I know that I need to share the truth with you..before it got too late..I don't know what your decision is going to be..but whatever it is..I will respect and accept it..no matter what.."

"What is it Manik.."Nandini couldn't take it anymore. "..tell me everything..right now.."

Sighing he gathered all the courage as he finally chose to remove the wall in order to give her the access to his darkest chapter of his life.

"..After Nyonika left my father..all I had was loneliness and rage. My father never mentioned Nyonika ever again as he continued to live his life. However his hatred for Nyonika never left him and the taste of that betrayal was never out of his system. Though he loved me beyond measures but he couldn't hold it back after a period of time..and left me all alone in Mumbai..and settled in Pune..where he took his last breathe 3 years ago.."

"..my father left me because he didn't wanted me to see what his hatred for Nyonika had made him. And somehow i could feel that since I had the genes of Nyonika in me..he couldn't tolerate to look at my face for any long period of time as my existance alone reminded him of Nyonika.."

"..though he never considered me responsible for anything but since his hatred for Nyonika was so strong
and so deeply rooted in his heart that he was scared that he would end hurting me..that's why he simply chose to leave me alone in Mumbai and shifted to Pune permanently.."

"My dad became extremely successful much to Nyonika's dismay who tried her best to reconcile with Dad..but my father didn't let her come anywhere close to me or him or Malhotra Industries for that matter. In fact like a sadist he used to make sure that Nyonika pays for her sin every single time..so that he could feel the satisfaction in his heart..which he continued to do till the very end of his life.."

"..however in this entire mess i was the one who was left alone..I craved for my mother first and then my father..for the longest period of time as I remember..but slowly..I got used to everything and started cherishing it.."

"..though I didn't had my parents but I had ample amount of money..and all luxury that Dad my made sure I get in exchange of his absence from my life..and I after a time I stopped caring about their existence as well.."

"..I was extremely popular..not only just for my bank balance and good looks but also because of my intellects..so of course I was very much desirable pretty much from my school days.."

"..I was the ultimate crush of every girl of my school..then collage..and now social circle..earlier I didn't paid attention to that..but when your teenage hormones begins to work..things do change.."

"..and it changed for me as well..when I met her.."

Manik closer his eyes but still he could feel Nandini's intense gaze on him so he finally uttered the name that he tried so hard to hide.

"..Sakshita.."

------------------------------------------------------------------