5.

Part One.

"What about Alia.."Nyonika scowled.

"What about her.."Manik said disinterestedly while flipping through the pages of the file.

"Manik..look at me when I am talking to you.."Nyonika ordered.

"Nyonika..have to thought for once that maybe your face is so hideous that I don't like looking at it..I bet this thought never crossed your mind..did it.."Manik was looking at the files.

"How dare you speak to me like that.."Nyonika snapped.

"And how dare you give orders to me Mrs.Nyonika Malhotra.."Manik snapped right back at her looking straight into her eyes. "How dare you raise your voice in front of me.."he got up from his seat and walked around the table so that he was standing right in front of Nyonika.

"Have you forgotten to whom you are talking to. How dare you question me. How dare you even thought about interfering in my life. Don't cross your limits Nyonika..or else it won't take a second for me to cross mine.."

"I am your mother Manik..how can you talk to me like that.."Nyonika questioned.

"That's the only reason why you are still standing in one piece even after daring to interfere in my life..or else..if it would have been someone else in your place..I would have ripped that person's head off then and the only.."Manik's words send chilling shivers down her spine.

"Manik..I.."she was about to argue when Manik cut her in "Nyonika..don't force me to call the security to get your thrown out of the premise..as a matter of fact..I would have done the honour myself only but since I am a very hygienic person I don't want to get my hands grungy by touching a dirt like you.."

"So now..if you are done with your "ACT OF MOTHERLY LOVE"..just get out of here..before I forget that you are my "MOTHER" and I end up crossing all the lines to teach you the lesson that you will remember for the rest of your pathetic life.."

"Are you threatening me.."Nyonika glared at him.

"Oh come on Nyonika..don't give yourself so much of importance. Don't you know I don't believe in giving threats..and that too an insignificant person like you. I only invest my time on people who have the required standards..which you certainly don't qualify for..so don't assume.."

"And now...just stop wasting my time..because unlike you I don't have time to waste as my work is priceless just like me..so now just get out.."Manik said dismissively pointing towards the door.

Nyonika turned and walked towards the door. She was about to walk out of the room when Manik spoke again "..and yes..one more thing.."

Nyonika turned to look at him. "What.."

"From next time..take an appointment before you decide to barge into my office and ruin my mood and my entire day just by showing your ugly and horrendous face to me..or else be ready to face the consequences of your actions.."Manik retorted. "Now.."Manik once again pointed toward the door "..just get out.."

Nyonika's face turn into the darkest shades of red due to rage. But she didn't say anything because she knew Manik too well. She knew that he meant every single word that he said to her and she also knew that if she said anything more it will only make things difficult for her. So without saying anything anymore she opened the door and walked out of the room not before banging it loudly.