42.

As soon as their lips met Nandini's mind disconnected with her heart and without even bothering that they both were supposed to be angry with each other she caught Manik's face in her hands and kissed him back.

The tenor of their kiss changed as soon as their lips met. What was supposed to be a punishing kiss turned into an extremely passionate one as Manik realized that contrary to his expection of resisting him..she was rather kissing him back..with just as much as passion that he had for her in that moment.

And thanks to that moment of realisation Manik simply forgot why he was angry with her at first place as he got lost in the pool of ecstasy of having her in his arms again.

Not only him..even Nandini forgot that they were supposed to be fighting. In fact she just didn't care anymore about anything that's why without even thinking about anything else she pressed herself closer to him as her mouth responded to pressure of his own.

Manik was feeling dizzy due to need with her soft scent enveloped around him. Her essence was driving him crazy..

..which didn't went unnoticed by Nandini.

The effect that she had over him made her feel extremely powerful and the fact that Manik wanted her..out of all the people in the world..made her heart filled with ecstasy.

The thought made her so content that she couldn't held herself back anymore so she completely gave herself into the kiss while kissing him back with all the pent up desire that she felt for him.

In that moment they both realised one thing that they both needed each other..wanted each other in a way that was unexplainable and indefinable.

Their desire to be each other was so potent that every sane thought that was in their possession simply crumbled into dust the moment they both get drawn towards each other.

They both knew this now that no matter how many times they get into any argument..no matter how many times they get mad at each other..they both will always want each other like this only.

Their relationship would never be a slow burn rather it will be a downright fiery with fireworks exploding when they were together like this...

..and it will always be like this between them.

Though they both wanted to continue like this only..in fact they wanted to take it even further..but they didn't as they both knew that they needed to clear the air between them.

However Manik couldn't think straight with his hands on her skin that's why though reluctantly..but still he brought his hands back to her arms and held her gently as he broke the kiss and rested his forehead against her while he spoke. "..God..you will be the death of me Nandini.."

When Nandini didn't say anything he continued. "..why do we fight..Nandini.."

"..because you are too controlling for your own good.."she finally spoke while keeping her head against his. "..and I am just too stubborn to let you win.."

"..so what should we do about this.."Manik sighed as he finally opened his eyes to find her staring back at him. "..is there no way to avoid this.."

"Welcome to an adult relationship Mr. Manik Malhotra.."she smirked making him smile. "..unfortunately this is simply the tip of the iceberg..and honestly after today..I have no idea to what what levels will our fights lead to.."

"Are you worried.."Manik questioned her to which she replied. "..Nope..actually..I am excited.."

"Excited about what.."Manik was amused now. "..to fight with me..or to defy me.."

"..excited about spending every moment of my life like a lifetime with you.."she planted a soft kiss at the side of his lips making him close his eyes for a second only to complain. "..you don't fight fair Nandini.."

"Never said I did.."Nandini smiled as she stepped closer to him while Manik took her in his tight embrace. "..by the way..how are you feeling.."

He got confused by her question "..I am feeling absolutely perfect.."he pecked her forehead making her smile. "..in fact I have never been better.."

"Are you sure.."Nandini raised her eyebrows. "..you just had 5 pieces of Manchurian paratha with continental bhindi pulao..you sure you don't want me to call the ambulance.."

Finally Manik understood what Nandini was referring to. "..honestly..it wasn't that bad.." his answer really shocked Nandini. "..oh my god..has those experimental dishes taken a toll on your brain that it had stopped working completely..what are you saying Manik...are you not in your senses.."

"Nandini..people even drink poison to prove their love...in fact they even cross sea of fire to be with the love of their existence...where all I had to do was to eat those weird dishes prepared by the woman who loves you just like her own child."

"I have tasted almost all the cuisine that exist on the face of the earth prepared by the world's best chef..however none of those dishes come close to the one prepared by Chachi..as she had poured all the love of the world in those dishes..as her secret ingredient..making it the best dish of the world.."

"..and when she had done so much for me..not to forget that she loves you so much..so in order to make her happy..this is the least I could do.."

Manik's words stumped Nandini beyond measure. Now she was feeling guilty for even doubting his intention regarding her family. His thoughts about Chachi had made it crystal clear that he respects her family just as much as she does..

..which literally teared her eyes.

"What happened Nandini.."Manik panicked as soon as he saw her eyes brimming with tears. "..did I say something wrong.." he began to wipe her tears away. "I am sorry Nandini..I didn't mean.."

however before he could finish his sentence Nandini hugged him..

..as she spoke those words which no matter how many times he heard it..then too it always managed to make his heart skip a beat.

"..I love you Manik.."

"..I love you so much.."

Closing his eyes Manik simply hugged her back as his heart was now at peace.

"I can't live without you any more love." Manik pleaded"..please..please..move in with me Nandini..I will find a way to convince Chacha-Chachi as well..I promise I will take care of everything..just say yes my love..please..just say yes.."

Manik's heart skipped a beat when Nandini finally said that one word out loud..

"Yes.."

------------------------------------------------------------------