Junkyard Dogs (Except We're Actually In A Junkyard)

We ran to the junkyard near the airstrip to avoid the police and duck behind the piles of stuff. Looking up, I see Ward's plane taking off.

"Shit." I groan.

"There goes the gold." Pope mutters, kicking a can. JJ kicks a plastic chair.

"Goddammit!" Pope yells. "Fuck!"

"Pope!" Kie exclaims.

"God damn it!" Pope picks up a baseball bat and starts to smash things with it. "Shit! Fuck!" He smashes an old tv. "Shit! Damn it!" He smashes things lining the shelf on the wall. He yells as he swings the bat around.

"Pope!" Kie yells again. Pope continues his rampage against the stuff, continuing to smash whatever he came into contact with.

"Pope, c'mon." I sigh and he collapses on the chair, throwing the bat to the side. "Thank you."

"Yeah, dude." JJ starts walking towards Pope. "I was wondering when this was gonna happen." He holds his joint out to Pope. "Here you go, chief. A little weed never hurt no one."

"Tell that to the people that die." I mutter.

"JJ." Kie says, giving him a look.

"What? Relax Kie." he grins.

"You know he doesn't smoke." Kie states. Pope grabs the joint and takes a hit.

"Well, maybe not until today." JJ counters. He sits down next to Pope and watches him.

"Pope, buddy, that's not gonna help." I sigh.

"I lost my scholarship. Walked out in the middle of the interview. Every..." Pope starts to get choked up. "It's gone. It's not gonna happen."

"You did that for us?" Kie asks.

"No, not for us." Pope gets up and stands face to face with Kiara. "For nothing."

"I'm here for you, Pope." JJ grabs Pope in a half hug. "Welcome to my world, okay?"

"JJ." Kie starts.

"What, Kie? He's right." JJ shrugs. Pope walks away from the two. "It doesn't matter anymore." Pope leans against a support beam and takes a hit.

"You don't have to do that." Kie states.

"What do you care?" Pope asks. I hear someone behind us and turn to see John B. I rush towards him.

"John B? John B, oh my god! You're alive!" I yell, crushing him in a hug. "Don't you ever do that again, you hear me?"

"Promise." John B grins, hugging me back.

"Oh, my God! John B!" Kie shouts.

JJ looks at his blood covered hands. "Is this yours?"

"Ew, bloody hands on my clothes, fuck off!" I yell, shoving him away. "Whose blood is that? Did you kill someone?"

"Hey, you okay, man?" Pope asks.

"John B, are you okay?" I ask, looking him over.

"I'm fine CJ, don't wor-" he starts. We hear sirens and a police car is coming our way. We duck down behind some junk out of sight as they pass by.

"Spill." I glare. John B explains to us what happened after we ran. Sheriff Peterkin tried to arrest Ward Cameron for the murder of Big John. In the process Rafe showed up out of nowhere and shot her in the chest. He doesn't know where Sarah is, but he can only assume she's back at Tannyhill.

"Did I mention how much I dislike Rafe?" I ponder. "Because it's strong as hell. Did you guys ever know that we dated for a while?"

"You, CJ, dated Rafe Cameron?" Pope exclaims.