ADVENTURES OF THE PAST

Welcome to the second chapter, this is just a couple of stories of what happened in the eight years when Hiccup and Astrid ran away. Hope you all enjoy it.

<>

It had been a few days since Eret had gone undercover in Drago's army...

It had been exactly a month since Bertha had been killed by Drago's army...

The war was taking a toll on the Draconian Empire, not only economically but also on the mental health of the people. The villagers were scared and afraid, and the newly formed nation still had a long way to go to become a strong united front against Drago. The constant evacuations and the unpredictable battles led to many casualties and more families torn apart.

Camacazi still didn't speak to anyone and hardly left her house anymore. The once energetic and humourous young teen was now reduced to an utter mess. She had become really thin and her eyes sported dark bags from her constant sleepless nights. She looked pale and tired whenever anyone saw her.

Since her mother's funeral, she had moved back to Bog-Burgular Island to lead them. It was no secret that the daughter and mother had a close bond, and to see them torn apart so abruptly broke their heart.

Hiccup and Astrid were now flying towards a strait where the dragon recon team had spotted Drago's ships. It was further North than many of their previous sightings. Eret had confirmed that Drago's base was somewhere further North than Vikings liked to venture, so it did make sense to spot a stray ship in this region.

Hiccup was painfully brought from his thoughts when he felt the splitting and blinding pain in his side. He had felt the force of the arrow before he felt the pain. The force jerked him forward bringing Astrid's attention to him.

The pain however was literally blinding; when he opened his eyes, the sky appeared as a white, blurry landscape of nothingness. He could only hear the distant shouts of the Trappers and his wife screaming his name. And just as his vision slowly cleared, his head started to hurt just as much as when he had had a drinking competition with Dagur.

"Hiccup!" Astrid screamed.

She could not lose her husband too... Not after she had lost Bertha only a few weeks ago. Bertha had been the mother Hiccup had never had, and the second mother Astrid had gained. Thus, Bertha's death had taken a toll on both Hiccup and Astrid as well.

Hiccup opened his eyes again, blinking repeatedly to relieve himself of the fuzzy, spinny images that flashed before his eyes. When he finally was able to see what was happening, he realized that he and Toothless were plummeting straight for the ocean.

His mind began to panic and that only made his dizziness worse, with the air whipping his face he could barely hear Toothless's roar. It was coming up close... too close. And when he finally heard his best friend's call, he immediately pulled up with all his strength. Hiccup yanked on Toothless' saddle, practically jamming his prosthetic unceremoniously into the foot petal while his fingers dug into the leather saddle, pulling back with all his might until they were alongside Astrid and Stormfly.

They just barely missed the ocean. Toothless had skimmed the water ever so slightly. The cold seawater had sprayed all over the duo. The icy cold water had broken Hiccup out of his dazed state.

"Hiccup!" Astrid shouted again. "Are you okay?"

"I am fine... Yeah, just got an arrow sticking out of me." He replied. "I have had worse..."

"Not funny!" Astrid shouted back. She didn't like to be reminded of past experiences. She could fill an entire book with the number of times Hiccup has almost got himself killed.