LOVE. WAR. LIFE.

Hello guys, it's been a while. I am happy to announce that this is the longest, and final chapter of this story. This is my first fanfic and so I am glad that many people have taken a liking to this story, so thank you all. I am also really happy to say that this story has nearly crossed the 8k mark which is crazy. Once again thank you all and Enjoy the chapter!

<>

The light from the heavy metal chandeliers cascaded onto the rustic brown map laid on the table, the map of the Archipelago. Hiccup had spent nine long years creating the masterpiece, discovering new lands or buying maps from traders, ultimately joining them into one big masterpiece... The map of the known Viking world, the map of Midgard.

It had to be the largest map Stoick had ever seen, the light from the candles highlighted the metal pieces placed on the map, representing fleets, forts, and territories, marking the domains of both Draconia and her adversaries.

As Stoick slowly moved his hands over the outline of Old Berk he noticed the handwriting used to name the island, all the islands were drawn and written by the same person, his son. Pride filled Stoick's chest as he realised that his son had roamed to the edge of the world and had completed Stoick's dream of exploring the entirety of Midgard.

Hiccup had told him the rumours floating among the sailors, stories of great lands to the south and west of the Archipelago. He didn't believe the rumours, sailors were known to tell tall tales, but the journey itself was impossible, due to the lack of islands on the way for the dragons to rest, and that the weather was always one of Thor's tantrums.

Lifting his gaze from the map, Stoick watched his son enter with Astrid. Astrid led the way on her Light Fury, and Toothless, the Night Fury previously believed by the Hooligans to have been responsible for the demise of the two runaways, trailed closely behind his best friend.

Both Astrid and Hiccup looked tired, it was clear that Nuffink was the source of their weariness. Yet, their love for him and Zephyr remained firm. Stoick had been conflicted when he learnt that Hiccup and Astrid had been married since eighteen and had become parents in their teenage years.

However, in reality, it turned out to be a positive turn of events for his son. Marriage and parenthood had transformed Hiccup into a more responsible and confident man. Marrying the love of his life, Astrid, and her unwavering support and guidance had played a crucial role in Hiccup's growth. She had supported and given him advice at every turn, even when all hope was lost. She stood as the most important person in his life, the reason for his protective nature towards her.

But today she wasn't going to be the one giving any advice, today was the day Draconia had found Grimmel's hideout, and Hiccup had a plan of attack. That was why they were here, the council had been informed of the new information and an emergency meeting had been called. One of the scouting rider teams had found the forsaken island while roaming in the enemy territory.

However, today wasn't a day for Astrid to give advice, it was the day Draconia had discovered Grimmel's hideout, and Hiccup had created a plan of attack. An emergency council meeting had been called for by the Emperor, where all the Chieftains of every tribe under Draconian rule were mandated to attend.

One of the scouting rider teams stumbled upon the forsaken island within enemy territory. It was situated a few hours into enemy territory, the dark island held no vegetation and stood as a beacon of evil.

As the meeting started, Hiccup presented the information gathered by the scouts, initiating nearly thirteen hours of meticulous planning and heated debates among the council members. Eventually, they all agreed on the perfect plan to imprison Grimmel the Grizzly forever.