ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

ᅳWᅳᅳOᅳᅳOᅳᅳYᅳᅳOᅳᅳUᅳᅳNᅳᅳGᅳ
{ 𝑻𝑹𝑰𝑮𝑮𝑬𝑹 𝑾𝑨𝑹𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑮- 𝑬𝑿𝑷𝑳𝑰𝑪𝑰𝑻 𝑺𝑪𝑬𝑵𝑬𝑺}

I couldn't shake off the anxiety that was rising in my chest. I tossed and turned, trying my best to fall asleep, but it wasn't working. My head was pounding from all the overthinking. I looked at San, who was sleeping peacefully, and I slipped out of the bed as quietly as I could. It was 3 in the morning, and I hated feeling so restless.

I tip-toed out of the bedroom and went to the living room. I turned on the lamp and sat down on the couch, staring blankly at the wall. The silence in the apartment was suffocating, and I couldn't help but feel alone with my thoughts. I tried to calm myself down, taking deep breaths and telling myself that everything would be okay, but the anxiety just wouldn't go away.

I got up and walked to the window, looking out at the city below. The lights were still on in some of the buildings, but the streets were empty. It was peaceful, and for a moment, it helped me forget about my worries. But as soon as I turned away from the window, the anxiety came flooding back.

I paced around the living room, trying to distract myself, but nothing seemed to work. I considered waking San up, but I didn't want to disturb his sleep. Instead, I decided to make some tea. I went to the kitchen and put the kettle on the stove, watching as the water started to boil. The sound of the boiling water was oddly comforting, and I started to feel a little better.

I could feel my heart pounding in my chest as the anxiety continued to consume me. It felt like a weight was pressing down on me, making it hard to breathe. I tried to calm myself down by taking deep breaths, but it wasn't working.

I closed my eyes for a moment and tried to focus on something else, but the thoughts in my head were too overwhelming. I needed to find my medication, it was the only thing that could help me right now.

I took another deep breath and walked out of the office, making my way towards the living room. As I searched through the drawers, I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I didn't want to burden San with my struggles, but I couldn't do this alone.

I step out of the office walking into the living room and start searching through drawers and held back my tears of frustration when I heard footsteps.

"Baby, why aren't you sleeping?" he asked calmly, kneeling down beside me.

"I can't sleep and I can't find my anxiety medication," I muttered, feeling exhausted as my eyes fell on my shaking hands.

"It's okay, love. Come here," he whispered softly, pulling me into a comforting embrace. He stroked my hair gently and whispered calming words in my ear, soothing my racing thoughts. His presence alone brought me a sense of calm that I desperately needed in that moment.

After a few moments, he gently pulled away and stood up, holding out his hand for me to take. "Let's go back to bed, okay? We'll find your medication in the morning."

I nodded gratefully and took his hand, feeling a sense of relief wash over me as we walked back to our bedroom.

I nod and follow him into the bedroom, feeling grateful for his comforting presence. He sits me down on the bed and pulls me into a warm embrace.

I rest my head on his shoulder, feeling his steady heartbeat calming my own racing one. He runs his hand soothingly up and down my back, his touch warm and reassuring.