Facetime

Hi sorry for the delay

And any apologies if this seems rushed

To be fair, Wednesday doesn't want to be here. It was never an original part of the plan, she didn't think to resort to such low trenches.

But here she is, standing with her arms crossed in front of the screen she set up on her nightstand, the call being answered almost instantly to reveal a bright smile and blonde hair.

To say Wednesday's grasping at straws and thin strings is a far understatement.

But, unbearably and with a embarrassing defeat, that feeling that had swelled up her throat when Tyler left the break room that day has been swallowing her since.

It creeps up on her at the least appropriate of times, like when she's about to go to sleep or head to work. But it burns, hot and scalding, with newly found intensity whenever she sees or hears Tyler.

Faintly it reminds her of the way she felt back when she had a roommate at some closed-off prestigious school, some argument about something that had made them leave, and Wednesday still sort of hates to admit how those next following five hours were spent a very similar way to sulking, disliking solitude for the first time in a long, long while.

That roommate came back though, they talked it out as best as Wednesday's stubborn bones could allow for, and they may even be friends to this day.

And they happen to be the person Wednesday has shamefully rung up after a long day at work full of uneasy silence in the cube and that ugly feeling eating her whole.

So yes, not that Wednesday wants anyone to know, she is indeed technically calling Enid Sinclair for advice regarding a man.

But the intentions and context are far from rosy cheeks and giggles talking about cute guys and perfect smiles. It's about cold glares and unknown emotions far from familiar, all because she wants to get rid of him and his dull green eyes.

Either one of those still rewards Wednesday with an energetic wave as Enid grins at the camera with enthusiasm. "Wednesday! No way you're actually calling me?"

"I'm struggling to believe it myself," Wednesday mutters.

"Oh my gosh, wait, so this must be super important," Enid says, ever aware. She leans into her phone, curiosity radiating through the screen Wednesday can practically feel it. "What is it?"

Wednesday hesitates, fighting back the heat that threatens to bloom underneath her cheeks and spread across her face. She doesn't even know why that problem should be there, but she manages good enough to solve it as she clears her throat.

"There's this new co-worker of mine," She says tightly, watching Enid's eyes widen and light up as the assumption she draws pulls a surprised smile at her lips, gasping a little.

"Don't tell me it's a guy-"

Oh hell this is awful, Enid's got her hands on her cheeks, basically squealing when Wednesday nods with a plain "It's a guy."

"Unbelievable," Enid says, word broken into bits as she tries and fails to contain her surprised excitement. "So, tell me about it."

Wednesday almost wants to shrug her off and pettily hang up because Enid so clearly thinks Wednesday is here to talk about Tyler Galpin like he's some crush of hers, like she blushes when they pass in the hallway and other ridiculous things. But Enid has always been Enid, believing even somebody like Wednesday can "get it" or whatever she said before backpedalling due to Wednesday's scowl and settling on "have a partner".