yours (j.o)

a/n: this shit was a pain in my fucking ass to write, but i finally finished it and i think it turned out pretty good

warnings: jenna is a lil toxic, also this is a non actress/high school?/college? au so yea

 Your eyes met Jenna's for the millionth time that night. She had caught your intense gaze of pure envy yet again. Her lips curled into a slight smirk, and she threw her head back in laughter as she flirted with the man next to her. He leaned over and whispered something in her ear. She blushed and brushed her hand along his bicep. Your jaw clenched in fury and you shot up from the couch and stormed over to the pair. Her eyes found yours again, and something flickered behind them. Triumph. She had you right where she wanted.

"Jenna, let's go."

"No, I'm okay," she said lightly.

"Yeah, she's okay," the man said cockily beside her.

"I wasn't talking to you," you spat. "Jenna. Let's. Go."

You grabbed her wrist and pulled her away from the guy. He rolled his eyes and walked away, sauntering to find another girl to prey on.

You wordlessly led Jenna into a vacant bedroom upstairs. The muffled music of the party below thumped through the walls. Avoiding her piercing gaze, you sat on the edge of the bed. She didn't join you.

"What was that about, Y/N?" Her tone was curious, but you could pick out the hint of smugness laced within.

"Nothing. That guy looked like an asshole. I was saving you."

"Oh yeah? That was all?" she taunted, taking a step closer and sitting beside you.

You swallowed nervously, trying to ignore the pounding of your own heartbeat. This was how Jenna operated. She'd coax you into going to some random party, then flirt with someone else all night until you'd break and take her into a bedroom. Like an idiot, you fell for her charms every time.

"We're just friends, Y/N. Just sex. No strings."

"I know," you grunted bitterly.

But you wanted more.

She reached over and cupped your cheek. The touch of her soft skin against yours sent heat rushing through you. Her fingers curled around your jaw, and she pulled you into a heated kiss. And just like that, your resolve broke. She guided you onto her lap, her teeth sucking and bruising your neck.

The sensible part of your brain was screaming at you to stop. This relationship was unhealthy; toxic. But the feeling of Jenna caressing your skin, and her lips brushing over every inch of your body pushed any and all rational thoughts out of your head. You were addicted. Addicted to the intense rush and excitement you felt whenever you were with her.

You simply couldn't let go.

❖    ❖   ❖

Jenna rose from your body and began to put her clothes back on. Your breaths were erratic, and your skin glistened with sweat. She was in a rush. It was clear from the way she rapidly threw everything on herself. And even though you knew the answer– as it was the same every time – you couldn't help but ask the question you both dreaded.

"Can you stay?" you whispered, voice breaking at the end.

Her gaze hardened and a pitiful smile spread across her perfect features. It was an expression of hers that you've grown to reluctantly memorize.