CHAPTER NINE

"What are you doing here?" I recognized the voice, so I turned to look at him.

"Probably I will go inside the room to study, but there are no students here, and I wasn't informed about what's happening again."

He furrowed his brow, and I couldn't read his current emotion.

"It's training day. Follow me."

Training day?

There's such a thing? 

He left me behind, and I saw him not far ahead, so I started running. I quickly came to a halt when I bumped into him from behind. Damn, I didn't notice that he stopped!

He just gave me a stern look, and I couldn't get last night out of my mind.

He left again, so I immediately followed him. After a few minutes of walking, we arrived at a vast field, and I saw all the students wearing jogging pants, like Moncide's PE uniform, while I was the only one in uniform.

Why wasn't I informed?

It's tough being an outcast. Of course, I'm the only human here.

"Kaye!" Matthew shouted and waved at me.

Only now did I notice that Primo was wearing jogging pants too, with a hoodie on.

I glanced at the teacher as he spoke.

"This is the training class. Let me introduce myself to the newbies. I am Master George, and I will be your master in the training class. Master is the term for teachers like me, so let's start the training!"

He paused when he looked at me.

"You! Why are you in uniform in my class?" he asked.

I even pointed at myself, though I knew he was referring to me.

"I... I don't..." I couldn't think of a reason.

"Master, I have an extra PE uniform, and I can lend it to her," a girl I didn't know suddenly interjected. She approached me with a smile and gave me her spare PE uniform. I went to the nearby restroom and changed.

Upon returning, I saw some students running, while others were sparring. It was like taekwondo, with them fighting using only their hands and feet.

Sir George, or should I say master, pointed at me again and made me run. Maybe the others running were also newbies. 

I started running, but I couldn't get last night out of my mind. I was still troubled by questions like what happened to Primo and why he has a lot of scars.

As I ran, I found myself glancing at Primo. He was just sitting on a chair, doing nothing. He had his arms crossed and was watching the demons fighting.

Is that how Prime behaves? Privileged?

I suddenly stopped running when a strange numbness spread through my feet, making them feel tingly and unresponsive. Confused and worried, I sat down on the floor, and a wave of discomfort washed over my entire body.

To my surprise, my skin started turning bright red, starting from my feet and gradually spreading up my legs, torso, arms, and face. It happened quickly, leaving me shocked and searching for an explanation.

As the redness intensified, my skin felt like it was being pricked by countless tiny needles. I could also feel the heat radiating from my body, and sweat started forming on my forehead.

Fear and confusion overwhelmed me as I tried to understand what was happening. I had so many questions, but no immediate answers. 

"Kaye!" I heard Matt's shout. I looked at him, struggling to breathe. My gaze met everyone's.