Move in day🌶️

Veronica

" I think that is everything." I closed the door to the van and sighed. This was it, move in day. My stomach was a wreck, I was an emotional mess and my anxiety was through the roof. I knew that I should be excited, my first apartment, living on my own like an actual adult, starting a new chapter of my life, starting at a new school. But I had never been alone before, I knew that it was just a temporary thing and I also knew that I needed to learn to be self sufficient and independent. I was terrified but I couldn't show it.

Eddie came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He put his chin on my shoulder. " I can't believe this is it."

" I feel like I could burst into tears at any moment."

"Baby it is going to be alright."

I looked around at the gang, who had come over to help me load up the vans." I'm really going to miss them. "

Steve, Robin, Dustin and Mike stood in my driveway ready to say goodbye.

Eddie unwrapped his arms from my waist and rubbed my shoulders. " It's almost time to go Sweetheart."

" Alright," I sighed. " Thank you guys so much for your help packing up the vans. I can't believe this is it."  I gave Mike a hug first," I'm glad I got to meet you, good luck your sophomore year of school. Tell Nance when you see her again that I said hey!" Nancy had left the previous week for orientation.

" I will pass that long." Mike smiled.

Then there was Dustin. My absolute favorite out of the kids. I wrapped him up in a tight hug then whispered." I think I'll miss you most of all." I pulled away and saw him smile." I don't really have any words of wisdom for you Dustybun because your already a freaking genius. Take care, and at some point when you guys have a long weekend or something maybe you could come visit?"

" That would be awesome." He smiled again.

I looked up at Robin instant tears in my eyes. I pulled her in for a tight hug. " Thank you for taking me under your wing and sharing your friends with me. You were one of the first people to talk to me. We have had some fun times this year, some wild times. I am going to miss you so much."

" Don't cry bitch! You'll get me started!" She laughed and squeezed me tight."Thanks for keeping me entertained in band, and outside of band and getting drunk with me at parties. It really was a wild year. You'll be home for holidays, Steve and I will come visit you when we can, I promise."

" You better!" I backed away and smiled, then turned to Harrington.

He pulled me in for a tight hug." What am I going to do without you around to have deep meaningful conversation with?"

"There is always Dustin."

" Yeah but I don't like his tone, and he talks to me like I am an idiot."

I looked up at him." You are an idiot." I smiled.

" Hey, hey, hey, I took a punch in the face for you, trying to defend your honor." He smirked.

" And I threw a punch trying to defend yours."

" I guess we are even then. I can never show my face again at the hideout, not after that. Steve Harrington had to get saved by a girl? "

" I don't think it's quite your scene anyway."

" No." Steve squeezed me tight." I'm really am going to miss having you around Montgomery."

I don't know what it was about him saying that, but instantly the flood gates opened. Maybe it was because I had been holding it in all day, maybe it was because I knew he was being sincere and I am just a hot mess. I buried my face in his chest and cried.