13hrs.

[1991, slight angst, fluff]

when Michael woke up this morning, he woke up to an empty bed

when Michael woke up this morning, he woke up to an empty bed. your side was perfectly made and stone cold, he sighed as he remembered, it was your filming week.

he had breakfast by himself, he watched t.v by himself and even wrote songs by himself. he took a walk around Neverland, even got on some rides but they didn't feel the same, is this how you felt when he was working and you were off?

hours came and went by and you still weren't home. Michael began growing concerned around four p.m when didn't come back or even call, he wanted to see you; really bad. he began panicking when he called your assistant and no one answered, he immediately called Bill to come get him.

Michael tapped his food nervously against the floor, waiting for Bill to arrive. he glances at the grandfather clock at the end of the hallway, "seven minutes.." he mutters, tapping his hands against his thighs a couple times. he took in a deep breath then exhaled.

he was worried about you. ever since you began working on your upcoming album, your schedule has become all over the place. you'd go to the studio and stay locked in there for long hours, photoshoots and interviews would consume your energy and when it's time to sleep at night, you'd barely get any rest as you'd have to wake up soon thereafter again.

after three years of dating and fifteen of marriage, Michael had developed separation anxiety from you and it can get a bit intense at times. you had the same management and your schedules were perfect for each other for the longest until you began your album this past month, and everything went down hill.

were you okay? were you tired? have you eaten anything this whole day? oh, god Michael knew how you horrible your eating becomes when you're stressed. did you get injured when dancing? has anyone said anything that upset you? were you safe? are you hydrated?

Michael's chest tightened and his mind raced at the thought of you not being okay or anything bad happening to you.

"Michael?"

what if you were just as anxious as he was?

"Joker?"

what if you needed him like he needed you?

"Michael!"

he slightly jumped in his chair as he felt a hand grip on his shoulder, he turned to look behind him wide eyed only to sigh a sigh of relief when he realized who it was. "Bill!" he breathed out, "you scared me", and Bill looked at him confused. "I've been standing here for five minutes. are you still going to see Y/n? you seem stressed" Bill asked and Michael immediately jumped to his feet.

"yes! I have to go right now!"

Michael watched the clouds float on the sky serenely as he exited the gates of Neverland. he looked down at his hands, he couldn't wait to hold you again. it was maybe another twenty minutes of driving through was seemed like an empty piece of land until buildings came in sight. this was where you'd usually film your music videos.