candy gloss.

[1987, implied smut]

you and Michael stood next to each other as you went over the lyrics for the song

"what are you eating?" Michael asked, you barely look up at him or even acknowledge his presence when you answer, "candy."

he rolls his eyes, "I'm aware" he huffs, "what kind?" he asks again making you roll your eyes. "why do you care?" you snicker narrowing your eyes at him.

Quincy had asked you two to remain civil while he left, you're supposed to be writing and recording a song for Michael's upcoming album, but you couldn't stand each other.

notorious rivals.

since the late seventies, people have had their minds made up. you two didn't like each other, two stars in the same game trying to one up each other at every given chance. whenever you won awards, Michael would win twice as much, or whenever he sets a record you'd break it and set it higher, just always small things that made you get on each other's nerves.

you despised each other, or at least that's what people like to think.

however, deep down you both held a lot of respect and admiration for one another. you've always looked up to him in someways, finding his music magical and his perspective on the business extremely genius, while he could talk about how your music is some of the best for hours and describe why you're a generational talent.

but neither of you could even lie and deny the sexual tension between you two.

Michael was extremely attracted to you. you were just sexy.
the way you bit your lip and looked up at him with those fucking eyes every time you were in the booth, how you'd smirk after saying something you knew pissed him off, flirting with him and saying the dirtiest pick up lines with a voice low enough only for him to hear.

Michael found nothing more entertaining than annoying you, it brought him sick satisfaction knowing you have you just a bit of patience for him, it was kind of cute.

"It might be my favourite, who knows" he says, you groan handing him a bag of Jolly Ranchers, "don't make me hate cherry Jolly Ranchers now" you say pressing on the button on the side of the microphone turning it off, "cherry?" his brows furrowed, "that's the worst flavour." he was lying, cherry, in fact, was his favourite flavour.

"oh, how I love them more now" you chuckle, it was quite for a bit and you thought the banter had died down until Michael said, "close your mouth, I can smell it from here", you roll your eyes again.

"aw, you can smell it from here?" you say as you turn to him. "yes, I can" Michael says and you swirl the candy around your mouth, "come taste it then" you remark.

"I will" Michael clenched his jaw. you giggle, "be my fuckin' guest", then it all happened too quickly.

Michael backed you up against the recording booth's wall, his large hands firm on your shoulders. you frown a bit, then smile and laugh in his face, oh that smile of yours.

"what are you gonna to me, pretty boy?"

pretty boy.
you've been calling him that all day.

'how sweet of you, pretty boy'
'you're real cute, pretty boy'
'my car's parked behind the building, i can take you to the back and no one has to know a thing, pretty boy'
'aw, what happened pretty boy?'

pretty boy this, pretty boy that.

"don't call me that" Michael's hands slid down your your waist, your left arm rested over his shoulder, "don't act you don't like when i call you that" you laugh, "i see the way you smile when i do" you say taking one of his soft curls into your hand. Michael liked it. oh he really liked when you called him that.

"you talk way too much for my liking" he muttered, his hands where on your hips now, "oh yeah?" you mocked him making him raise an eyebrow. "then shut me up" you giggle, biting your lip. Michael could hear the candy clicking against your pearly teeth as you spoke. he could smell the sickeningly tart scent of cherries from your breath, "what do gain out of saying shit like this?" Michael asked.

"how cute! mister goody two shoes knows bad words?" you chuckle, "lemme see.." you fake thinking as you look at the ceiling. "i gain knowledge of how fucking weak you are for me" you say, Michael pushes his hips against yours. "i see you staring at me, pretty boy. if you want me, you can ask" you smile.

it was like a switch in Michael's mind went off. he didn't think before acting.

he quickly leaned in pressing his lips against yours, he stepped closer to you closing the space between your two and he deepened the kiss. you smile through the kiss when you feel his hand travel up your mini skirt, gripping on your hip.

your lips move passionately against each other, you slip your tongue into Michael's mouth, the candy travelling with it. the sweet piece was now in his mouth, Michael groaned as your breasts pressed up against his chest.

you stopped breathing for a second, remembering that there's a camera in the booth somewhere but you almost immediately forgot about it the moment Michael's hand grabbed your ass. who cares anyways?

the candy was being pushed back and forth between you two, Michael always had a sweet tooth but he never thought it would put him in a situation like this.

your left hand hung on his shoulder while the right one was lost in his dark curls. if someone told you this morning that you and Michael were going to be making out today, you'd laugh so hard in their face you'd probably roll on the floor.

Michael was lightly grinding against you, making you whimper into the kiss. you gently nibbled on his lower lip and his grip on you tightened as you grind back with him, from a third point of view, you two did not look like people who didn't like each other.

Michael pecked your lips before pulling away from you, your faces barely an inch away from each other as you were both in need of air. an thin string of saliva connected your lips and the candy had long disintegrated in one of your mouths. the saliva string was gone by the time you spoke.

"you taste like a cherry Jolly Rancher" you giggle breathing heavily, Michael's cheeks were red as he looked at you, "i lied, cherry is my favourite flavour" he admitted. he lets go of you and you take your hands off of him, "we should cancel this duet" Michael says stepping away from you, you both stand next to the microphone again, both your clothes and hair messy.

"why? i thought your liked me, pretty boy"

Michael chuckles at the nickname, "i don't think i'll be able to hold myself back when you're with me."