juice box.

[1975, fluff]

"make me pretty, Zeppelin!" you tell your make up artist as he places blush on your cheeks

"make me pretty, Zeppelin!" you tell your make up artist as he places blush on your cheeks. "have I ever failed you, y/n?" he sarcastically asked. "never!" you chirp spraying on perfume, "but this is really important, I have a great feeling about tonight!" you smile. Zeppelin laughs, "he better ask you to be his girlfriend or i'll ask you for him" he jokes making you laugh as well.

the he in question was you long term best friend and co-worker Michael Jackson. exactly seventeen days ago he confessed to you that he's been hiding a growing crush that he's had on you for years and manned up enough to ask you for a date. you were more than happy to go out with him as the feelings were mutual, then that one date turned into two dates, then three and tonight is your fourth.

the sun was beginning to set and you can see the skyline through the window's reflection on the mirror before you. "there you go" Zeppelin says as he sets down the brush and pallet, "oh wow Zep" you say checking yourself out, "I look so good!" you smile.

your makeup was a simple glittery pink look, very natural with a dewy base and your lips were a glossy brownish red shade. "keep this on you, you might need it" Zeppelin says handing a small heart shaped mirror and the lipgloss he used on you, "thank you!" you take them from him. you stand up letting out a breath, checking out yourself in the mirror fully.

your hair was styled in loose wavy curls with two pieces from the middle sectioned off, braided and held back by two pink bows. you wore a beige pleated skirt and a beige button up long sleeve shirt layered under a baby pink corset top. your shoes were simple Mary Jane flats over some frilly lace socks, probably your favourite look so far.

"I literally can't wait" you say with a huge smile making Zeppelin laugh, "I think I'm more excited than you are" he said packing up and arranging the make up into its bags, "now go and get your man!" he says and you immediately feel heat rush to the base of your neck and you could tell the tips of your ears were reddening, "Zeppelin!" you exclaim and he shrugs innocently. "what? am I wrong?" he asks. "he's not my man" you say as you head towards the door, "yet!" Zeppelin chuckles and you playfully roll your eyes.

you giddily walk downstairs and wait in your living room as patiently as you can. you found yourself smiling like an idiot and kicking your feet like a child, your chest felt warm inside and your stomach filled with butterflies as the minutes passed by. you genuinely couldn't wait to see Michael. after what felt like an eternity of you daydreaming and making scenarios in your head about your crush, the door bell rang.

"oh my god" you mutter as you pull your perfume out of your bag as spray on some more. "coming!" you yell as you speed walk towards the door, you take in a deep breath before opening it and when you do, a smile immediately makes its way to your face.