vanilla bourbon.

[1995, angst, fluff, flirting]

"Michael! have you seen where my glasses are?" you ask eyeing yourself on the mirror

"Michael! have you seen where my glasses are?" you ask eyeing yourself on the mirror. you and Michael were attending this year's VMAs as nominated performers, Zeppelin, your stylist was curling your hair as Karen Faye applied your makeup, you were wearing a black velvet military style jacket with a little golden details like stars and silver rhinestones, the jacket had its matching mini skirt and you wore black high heels to go along with your clothes.

"I think we're done here" Karen says spraying setting spray on your face, "what do you think?" she asks, you look at yourself in the mirror kissing your teeth, it was a clean base with light brown and bronze eye look, complete with red lipstick and glittery gloss; "amazing as always" you smile. Karen chuckles as she hands you the gloss tube, "keep this on you, you might need it" she says.

"do you like your hair?" Zeppelin asks, you tuck your freshly curled hair behind one of your ears, "I'll always love wand curls Zep" you say, you spin your chair and face towards your makeup room's door. "god, where is he?" you mumble as you get up, heels clicking when you walk towards the door.

"I'm gonna go see where Michael is" you announce as you're halfway out the door, "don't worry, we're packing up to leave" Zeppelin says placing all the hair products he used in his large bag. you make a beeline for your bedroom, the place getting quieter and quieter as you approach the room, then you heard faint singing from the other side of the door.

"no breath or beauty, no sound or sight, that ever makes me feel the way you do tonight"

you slowly open the door and the vocals got louder, Michael was standing in front of the vanity mirror fixing his clothes, you lean against the door and watch him sing with a smile.

"I just can't take my eyes off of you, tell me anything you want me to, I just can't take my eyes off of you, nothing I can do about it, nothing I can do about it"

"singing my song, huh Jackson?" you chuckle as you walk into the room, and Michael giggles. "well you Jackson, make great music" he says taking your hand into his then kissing your wedding ring. "do you think I'm gonna win anything tonight?" Michael asks, you stand in front of the vanity, you grab a bottle of perfume and spray it on yourself.

"it'll be too bad if you don't win anything when look like this" you smirk barely looking at your husband but from the corner of your eye you can see him hiding his face his hands, "w-would say the same about you" Michael mutters. "meh, don't think so" you fluff your hair and Michael looks at you with a raised brow, "yeah, okay miss ten VMAs in one night" he chuckles making you laugh, "that was one time!".

after having your photos taken at the red carpet, you and Michael spent sometime greeting and chatting with your friends, the show was going great. were seated in the front row, you were a bit nervous this time as you were nominated in thirteen categories this year. you held Michael's hand, your other hand playing with his fingers, "are you okay?" he asks and you nod, "are you sure, you're kinda fidgety" he points to your foot that kept tapping on the floor. you sigh.