burnt caramel.

episode three || YELLOW SHIRTS.

you finally sit up in bed, Michael's twisting and turning had woken you up

you finally sit up in bed, Michael's twisting and turning had woken you up. what originally woke you up was some clinking noise coming from downstairs but your tried to ignore it until now. "did I wake you up?" Michael whines as he stretches before plopping his arms on his side, you hum looking down at the covers over you with wide eyes as the post waking up disassociation hits.

you look around you, scratching your neck. the room was dark, you and Michael had slept around seven thirty after watching the sunrise, it's couldn't have been that early. you get up and walk towards the curtains, the sunlight absolutely blinds you as you draw them open. so it definitely isn't that early, "jeez" you mutter quickly closing them again. "I'm gonna take a shower" you tell Michael, "yeah, you go in first. I think I'll lay here a bit more" he says.

Michael tried to fall back asleep but he had a headache, almost like a migraine, he turned to his side, then turned to his other side, he even put the pillow over his head but nothing was working. the sound of the water running in the bathroom was a bit calming, but it still didn't fully help.

standing in front of the bathroom mirror after you got dressed, you washed your face with some cold water, your head was hurting a bit, you could feel a headache coming in but that's what you get for sleeping late.

when you got out Michael was arranging his clothes in the closet, you walked downstairs and into the living room where you were met by Randy and Jackie. "where's everyone?" you ask, "they're outside" Randy says absentmindedly, they were watching a movie and they seemed really into in. you didn't want to disturb them, you walk through the kitchen and Latoya is there.

"morning" you greet her, "hey, we got some stuff for a barbecue, we're gonna go to the beach later" she says, there was a cutting board and a knife next to her as she seasons what looks like meat. you look out the glass door that leads to the backyard, Janet, Jermaine and Tito were trying to figure out how a grill works and were making a lot of noise.
so that's where the noise was coming from.

"they've been messing with that thing for hours" Latoya comments, "I know you" you chuckle, "I heard it".
"hey" you hear behind you, it was Marlon, "I got the rest of the stuff, some sunscreen, umbrellas and mats" he says placing some plastic bags down. "that's great" you smile. "hey, y/n/n" Marlon wiggles his eyebrows, "oh god, what did you do?" you sigh.

"look" he says pulling something out of his pocket, a polaroid. "oh, for fuck's sake" your head falls into your palm as Marlon's giggles fill the kitchen. "what?" Latoya says as she stands next to her brother. "oh my god" she laughs along.

it was the photo of you and Michael Marlon took on the plane. you and Michael were asleep, your head rested on his shoulder and you arms were wrapped around his while Michael's head rested on yours, his arms rested over your hips.

"can I sue? is this a sue-able offence?" you ask looking around you, "what are you guys doing?", you three turn around and Michael was behind you. "nothing" Marlon laughs, "annoying me, is what is" you snatch the polaroid out of his hands giving him a glare that makes him hide behind his sister. Marlon sticks his tongue out at you, "why are you two matching?" Janet says as she wipes her flip flops on the mat at the backyard door.