chapter 15- These are our pancakes!

I walk home, tears pricking my eyes. In an instant I just lost a friend I've had for 2 years, all because he couldn't bare being reminded of this other girl. My best friend didn't even like me for me, but because I looked like this other girl. Mia.

For some reason I feel like that name means something.

Something more than Harry's dead girlfriend.

God, what a harsh truth. When you don't know the person, death is such an easy thing to think about, and yet Harry was chocking on his words as he told me about Mia.

But Mia means nothing to me. Apart from the fact that somehow a dead girl managed to steel a friendship from me. A friendship, it seems, that wasn't even real.

I stop before I reach my front door and look down at my phone. Through my blurry vision I see the small shortcut button that would take me straight through to Joshes phone. (He texted me last night and told me to make him one.)

I paused. Debating.

"Fuck it." I say as I press the shortcut button and call Josh.

3 rings later, I hear a low gravelly voice, as if someone had just woken up. "Hello?"

"Um... hey, it's April." I say, not expecting him to be completely asleep at 11 on a Saturday. Why did I not expect that? It's completely obvious, and it's Josh.

"Oh..." there was a long pause. "Why are you phoning, it's like 11 in the morning?" He groans.

"You know, normal people are usually fully awake by now." I reply, unable to hide the smile in my voice.

"Saturdays are for lie ins." He says simply.

"Well get up. I want to meet up with you."

"Just come over here"

I pause for a while before deciding that it's actually a fairly decent idea. "Address?"

He gives me his address and I instantly started walking towards his house. It shouldn't be far, maybe about 25 minutes away.

10 minutes into my trip, my mood considerably lightened, and suddenly I realize how little I cared for harry. He was a lovely person at the time, but really I lived alot of the time without him, and when I saw him it didn't make much difference to my mood. He was super nice and funny, but in the end, not as important to me as I would like to think.

It's odd how in only the space of an hour, I've lost my best friend, and got over the entire thing too. Was that too quick?
Either way, it's a loss I'll have to live with.

I turn the corner and instantly collide with a tall male figure. I look up and surprisingly, see Ethan.

"Oh! April! I'm so sorry," he laughs, but not with any surprise in his voice.  "where are you off too?"

For some reason I don't think I should tell him I'm going to Josh's house. Ethan seems like the type of guy to follow me there.

"Just walking about, what about you?" I say, slightly more dryly than usual. Ethan is extremely hot, and he's the perfect guy. But ever since Josh warned me of him in the canteen, I've been a little off with him. I don't want to take Josh so seriously, but he seemed so set on the fact that Ethan was bad. And when someone has a song inkling like that, I'd advice you to follow it.

"I'm going to Fin's actually! Then we are going to Josh's house. You can come if you want?" He asks, unaware that the last point in their trip is my exact destination.

I pretend to think for a while, "Yeah okay! I'll go straight to Josh's so I can wake him up!" I say and set off in that direction before he can convince me not too.