Chapter 7- He always had the caramel iced coffee

"Oh-my-god-oh-my-god-oh-my-god, Josh! come down! You're going to break your freaking back!" I scream up at Josh as his foot slips, yet again, on the 50 foot high oak tree.

"Calm down love, I'm fine!" Josh shouts back, he's currently about three quarters the way up the tree, trying to retrieve a small kite we spotted stuck there. We noticed it about an hour ago and after attempting many different ways to get it down, Josh decided just to climb up there himself. 

It would have been fine if the rest of the group were still here, but they went home just before we found the kite, it's a shame really, I kind of enjoyed hanging out with the rest of the 3. Yes, I said the 3, I, the geek of Parker Fields, met up with the 3 most popular boys in school, and they didn't even care! In fact they actually seemed to like me!

Okay, let me explain, from the beginning.

I woke up early to the sound of Angel with a shotgun by The Cab playing loudly from, oddly, my pillow. I kind of freaked out for a bit as my pillow seemed to be singing to me, which you have got to admit would scare anyone. After a couple of seconds I realized I had put my phone under the pillow for safety the night before, I had been texting Vicky most of the night and I couldn't be bothered to stretch my hand out to place it on my bedside table. So under my pillow it went.

I flung the pillow far across my room in order to find my phone as quickly as possible, once the object was in my hand I pressed the answer button. 

"Um... hello?" I said, unsure of myself, I hardly ever answer the phone and the only reason I did this morning was because I had to work so hard to find it, so I had to know my efforts were warrented.

"Meet me at the cafe down by Tesco, okay?" His low voice sounded excited and upbeat.

"Excuse me?" I reply, it's not every day Josh Clarke rings you and asks to meet you at the place where your ex-boyfriend works. 

"Meet me at the cafe near Tesco! It's not that hard to understand." Josh replied, still upbeat but it was obvious he was smirking. 

"Um... it's actually Friday you know? It's...um... school?" I said kind of unsure, maybe it was actually Saturday and I somehow missed a whole day.

"I know, the boys are meeting us there so get going!" He almost shouted down the phone.

"But, school..." I don't really mind if I miss school to be honest, but it's the fact that mum would slaughter me if she found out I had skived. "Okay, fine, whatever. Why the hell are you so excited anyway?"

"Its my freaking birthday! 17 today, yes then!" Josh screamed, sounding like a child. Oh! Of course, his party is today, I honestly didn't think it was for his birthday though, I just thought is was a random party he wanted to have.

"Oh, cool, bye." I hung up and got dressed, some black leggings and a white Nirvana tee. Okay, let me get this straight, Nirvana is actually a band from way back in the nineties that I listen too, I'm not one of those girls who thinks it's a clothing brand or anything. It's the same story with all my bands, I actually listen to their music, a lot, probably too much.

On that note, I plugged my earphones in and started to play my current favorite song. I walked out of the house as casually as possible and made my way to Get Stuffed, it's the cafe that we were meeting at and I hoped to god that the boys were there before me because I didn't think I could have faced looking into the deep blue eyes of my ex, Royden Hynes.

"April!" Josh shouted, making the "ril" sound as long as he could, "I've missed you!" his sarcasm practically dripped from his chin. 

"Happy birthday, Clark" I said, trying this knew last-name-as-nickname thing on my tongue. I kind of like it. I handed him a homemade card, I didn't have any money what-so-ever to get him a bought one.