Chapter 1: Allen's Guardians and Allen's past

I hope you all enjoyed the prologue of this story. The updates may be a bit slower than the previous story as I'll have to research the chapters/episodes, try get the summary and how to put Apocryphos and Howard Link into these chapters/episodes as we only see them later in the manga and in the Funimation adaption of D. Gray-man so I'll be using the American and the original Japanese episodes and some of the future chapters may be manga. But please, to find out how I'm doing with the chapters please follow me on my twitter RoseRozu1.

A soft voice could be heard within the tower for which its owner had lived. For four long years, he sung this haunting melody, but somehow, it still held a sense of calm with every note for which it hit. This was a song the lonely boy had sung to himself every once in a while since he was brought here at the age of eleven.

And, so the boy, falls asleep one dark and lonely night...

Amongst ashes, with the dimming embers all around,

The song was a reminder to the singer, of a family he had lost. The father whom raised him, and whom took him in when no one else would.

First just one, and then two go

The profiles of my beloved will rise and grow in time,

From high above, trickling down are thousands of...

Even if the song filled him with sorrow, alongside the memories he shared, it was really the only thing he had left to remember that man by.

Many dreams...of every dreamer

As the tears fell from silver irises, his voice never wavered. He wiped them away with the sleeve of his night gown, and continued. Keep walking, so to speak.

Those eyes of silver were trembling on that day...

It was a brand new you, shining the day of your birth.

Throughout these passing years, millions have gone by...

Prayers that left...return to Earth, within the ages that passed on

Unlike those prayers, Mana would never return to him. It never mattered how much time, what is lost, is forever gone...that particular thought hurt him more than any blade ever could.

I will never cease to praying for you,

Please allow this child to know what love is,

In the hand you hold, place a gentle kiss...

He had been singing the final verses of the lullaby. Only when he finished, he did he allow his threatening tears to finally fall. "I...I hate this..."

Perking from its perch on his head, the golf ball-sized golem awoke, and flew in circles, before landing on a finger that was presented to it. The small golem, golden as the first day they had met, looked to the silver-eyed boy in what could only be described at its version of worry. Its tail lazily swished behind it.

"When will I be free from this cage?" He sadly asked his companion. Timcanpy had been with Allen since the day he was brought here. His only real friend, and his reminder of the unfortunate technical second encounter with Cross Marian.

A story Allen rather not retell for the time being.

A cool wind blew, and the silver-eyed male sighed in bliss. The sign of a freedom he couldn't grasp, no matter how he chased it.

It was then he heard his door open, and judging by the footsteps of the person in question, it was none other than one of his two guardians.

"Little heart, it's time for bed." His voice called out. "You should get—"